Renata J. Ferrari
Renata Ferrari is a partner in our tax & benefits department in Boston and the head of the firm's executive compensation practice group. She advises clients on executive compensation, equity-based and other incentives, deferred compensation, severance plans and other compensatory and benefits arrangements.
Renata also advises on the application of securities and tax laws to executives and employers and corporate governance matters. Her practice also includes a focus on compensation and benefits-related issues arising in the context of mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions.
- Quoted, “#MeToo Provisions In Executive Compensation: Is It Time to Redefine ‘Cause’ and Expand Clawbacks?,” Bloomberg News (July 5, 2018)
- Quoted, “Challenges for the Compensation Committee,” Financier Worldwide (October 2014)
- Speaker, “MeToo, Clawbacks, and Executive Compensation in 2019 – Has Anything Changed?” ALI CLE: Executive Compensation 2019--Strategy, Design and Implementation (June 2019)
- Panelist, “Impact of #MeToo on Executive Compensation—Clawbacks and More,” ABA Fall Tax Meeting (October 2018)
- Panelist, “Section 162(m) & Tax Reform Changes” and “Hot Topics: 50 Practical Nuggets in 60 Minutes,” Pay Ratio & Proxy Disclosure Conference and Say-on-Pay Workshop (September 2018)
- Speaker, “#MeToo, Employment Agreements, and the Clawback of Executive Compensation,” ALI CLE: Executive Compensation 2018--Strategy, Design and Implementation (June 2018)
- JD, Harvard Law School, 1998; cum laude
- AB, Harvard College, 1994; cum laude