Robert S. Fischler
Bob has an active trial and appellate practice focused on complex commercial litigation. He has been recognized as a leading practitioner by several publications, including Chambers USA and Benchmark Litigation. Bob is a frequent lecturer and author on litigation topics, an active member of bar and civic organizations, and is a long-serving member of the board of directors of Mobilization for Justice (formerly MFY Legal Services).
His clients and matters span multiple industries and subject areas. For example, Bob recently has represented private equity firms, investment funds, financial institutions, broker-dealers, and others in litigation involving securities, contract, and creditor claims, including for fraudulent conveyance. He also has substantial experience in real estate litigation and in representing corporations in the retail business in connection with corporate governance matters and contractual disputes.
Bob has tried cases to conclusion in state and federal courts throughout the country and has argued numerous appeals, including in the Second Circuit Court of Appeals and the New York Court of Appeals.
- Robert S. Fischler and Harvey J. Wolkoff, “Third-Party Practice,” Business & Commercial Litigation in Federal Courts, Fourth Edition (March 2017)
- “Preliminary Injunctions and Temporary Restraining Orders,” PLI Litigation Practice Series, Pretrial Practice (2012)
- JD, cum laude, Albany Law School, 1980; Managing Editor, Albany Law Review
- BS, University at Albany, State University of New York, 1976
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Legal 500 (2017-2018)
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business (2016-2017)
- Matthew J. Leonard Award for Pro Bono Excellence, MFY Legal Services
- New York Super Lawyers
- Benchmark Litigation, Local Litigation Star, New York