Scott Falin joined Ropes & Gray's corporate department in 2018 and practices primarily in the health care group. He provides regulatory, compliance, and transactional advice to a broad range of health care clients, including hospitals and health systems, physician practices and other provider organizations, pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, insurers, and investors.
During law school, Scott served as an editorial board member of the Virginia Law Review and as a vice president of the Health Law Association. Prior to law school, he worked at the White House Council on Environmental Quality and as a legislative aide to U.S. Senator Chris Coons, advising on health care, education, and labor policy.
- Advised clients on various aspects of regulatory compliance, including reimbursement under federal health care programs, HIPAA, and fraud and abuse laws, such as the Stark Law, the Anti-Kickback Statute, and the False Claims Act.
- Assisted hospitals and health systems, insurers, other health care organizations, and investors with mergers, acquisitions, and other transactions.
- Advised pharmaceutical manufacturers on federal and state drug pricing initiatives and developments, including new state price reporting laws.
- Represented a major health plan in connection with a Medicare drug rebate dispute.
- Co-author, “A Look At CMS' Proposed Medicaid Drug Rebate Changes,” Law360 (July 9, 2020)
- Co-author, “States Lead The Way On Drug Pricing Reform,” Law360 (February 12, 2020)
- Co-author, “2019 FDA Enforcement Review: Drugs, Biologics, Devices, and Dietary Supplements,” Ropes & Gray FDA Regulatory Alert (February 4, 2020)
- Co-author, “Drug Pricing: What Happened In 2019, What To Watch In 2020,” Law360 (January 14, 2020)
- Co-author, “2018 FDA Enforcement Review: Drugs, Biologics And Devices,” Law360 (January 28, 2019)
- Co-author, “The Trump Administration's Latest Drug Pricing Initiatives,” Law360 (January 14, 2019)
- Presenter, “What’s Happening (and What’s Likely to Happen) on Drug Pricing?” Ropes & Gray Teleconference (December 2019)
- JD, University of Virginia School of Law, 2018; Order of the Coif; Editorial Board, Virginia Law Review
- AB, cum laude, Princeton University Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, 2012