Tara M. Fisher
Tara Fisher joined Ropes & Gray in 2009. She practices primarily in the firm’s securities and public companies group. Tara has experience representing public and private companies, private equity funds and investment banks in securities matters, mergers and acquisitions, public offerings and corporate governance matters.
- Represented the underwriters in the $641 million IPO for Change Healthcare, an independent healthcare technology platform
- Represented TransMedics Inc., a medical technology company focused on transforming organ transplant therapy for end-stage organ failure patients, in its $105 million IPO.
- Represented the lead underwriters in initial public offerings, follow-on equity or convertible notes offerings for issuers such as Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, TherapeuticsMD and Zafgen.
- Represented the lead underwriters in the $1.7 billion Elanco Animal Health IPO and the dealer managers in the $8.6 billion exchange of Elanco stock for Lilly stock.
- Represented PQ Group Holdings Inc., a provider of performance chemicals, catalysts, and specialty glass materials and a portfolio company of CCMP, in its $500 million IPO.
- Represented the lead underwriters in the $325 million IPO of Wayfair Inc., one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home.
- Represented Pfizer in connection with its $14 billion acquisition of Medivation, a commercial-stage oncology company.
- Represented Medtronic in connection with its $1.3 billion acquisition of HeartWare International, a heart pump manufacturer.
- Represented Shire plc in its $32 billion combination with Baxalta Incorporated for a combination of cash and stock and its acquisition of Dyax Corp. for $5.9 billion in cash plus contingent value rights.
- Represented Wright Medical Group, Inc., a global orthopedic medical device company, in connection with its convertible note offering and convertible note hedge and warrant transactions and in the sale of its $290 million OrthoRecon business to Hong Kong-based MicroPort Scientific Corporation.
- Represented The TJX Companies, Inc., the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide, including in its acquisition of Sierra Trading Post, Inc., an off-price Internet retailer, and its public offering of $500 million of notes.
- Represented Novavax, Inc., a clinical-stage vaccine company, in its cross-border tender offer for the outstanding shares of Isconova, a Sweden-based public vaccine adjuvant company.
- Represented Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in its acquisition of an option to acquire Adynxx, a privately held, clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on developing novel analgesic therapies.
- Represented Pfizer in its acquisition of Excaliard Pharmaceuticals, a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of novel drugs for the treatment of skin scarring.
- Represented United Surgical Partners, Inc., an operator of ambulatory surgery and short-stay medical facilities and a portfolio company of Welsh Carson Anderson & Stowe, in its offering of senior secured notes, and a related recapitalization transaction and spinoff.
- Represented a leading American clothing retailer in an exchange offer for its outstanding senior notes, issued in connection with its acquisition by a global private equity firm.
- JD, magna cum laude, Boston College Law School, 2009; Order of the Coif; Articles Editor, Boston College Law Review
- AB (Social Studies), cum laude, Harvard College, 2006