Yukiko Fujioka joined Ropes & Gray's litigation & enforcement practice group in 2017. Yukiko has experience in government enforcement actions and internal investigations. Yukiko also represents private equity firms and other companies in compliance due diligence and risk management.
Yukiko maintains an active pro bono practice, assisting in the representation of an individual seeking asylum.
Prior to joining the firm, Yukiko clerked for the Honorable William G. Young of the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts and worked at global IT companies in Tokyo. Yukiko received her LL.M. from Boston College Law School and J.D. from University of Tokyo.
- Assisting an individual seeking refugee status in Japan.
- Advises an electronics manufacturing company on international transactions and the U.S. sanction regulations.
- Frequently conducts pre-acquisition anti-bribery, anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, and sanctions compliance due diligence for a private equity firm.
- Assists a number of portfolio companies in enhancement of their global compliance programs.
- Representing a senior executive of an international medical device manufacturer in a criminal investigation being conducted by the DOJ and FDA.