Andrew Glantz joined Ropes & Gray as an associate in 2017. His practice is focused on business restructuring and special situations. Andrew advises private equity funds, distressed debt and equity investors, banks, hedge funds, ad hoc creditor groups, trustees, and corporate clients on complex in- and out-of-court restructurings, distressed sale transactions, and high-stakes bankruptcy litigation matters. He has also successfully mediated dozens of cases on a pro bono basis in New York Civil and Small Claims Court.
Andrew entered the practice of law after dedicating his early career to helping companies transform energy and environmental risks into opportunities for growth. For more than six years, he advised innovators and investors on sustainable business strategy, change management, marketing and design. He has helped clients streamline operations, develop compelling brands, and commercialize groundbreaking products—including the Chevrolet Volt. Andrew has also been widely cited for his research on the history of the British window tax.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Andrew was an associate in the leading bankruptcy and financial restructuring practice at another international law firm in New York.
- Represents Elliott Management Corporation as the largest unsecured creditor in the chapter 11 restructuring of Energy Future Intermediate Holding Company LLC and its debtor affiliates in the District of Delaware.
- Represented Elliott Management Corporation in respect of a $2.5 billion investment in FirstEnergy Corporation and the formation of a restructuring working group to advise FirstEnergy Corporation regarding the restructuring of subsidiary FirstEnergy Solutions and FirstEnergy Corporation’s transition to a fully regulated utility company.
- Represents a consortium of investors controlled by an investment fund with over $27 billion of assets under management in connection with the acquisition and prosecution of certain claims against Westinghouse Electric Company LLC.
- Represents Knighthead Capital Management as the holder of certain secured revenue bonds issued by Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority (PREPA).
- Represents Behrman Capital, the prepetition private equity sponsor of Atherotech, Inc., in certain adversary proceedings arising out of Atherotech, Inc.’s chapter 7 filing in the Northern District of Alabama.
- Represents Bain Capital LP in respect of a distressed retailer to which a portfolio company is a leading supplier in its product category.
- Represents certain real estate investors in respect of a distressed joint venture partner.
- Represents an ad hoc group of unsecured noteholders of both GenOn Energy, Inc. and GenOn Americas Generation, LLC, wholesale power generation subsidiaries of NRG Energy, Inc., in their pre-arranged chapter 11 reorganization in the Southern District of Texas.
- Represents the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence on various pro bono matters.
Select representations prior to joining Ropes & Gray include:
- Represented defendant shareholders in the successful defense of multi-billion-dollar fraudulent transfer litigations arising out of the Lyondell Chemical Company chapter 11 cases in the Southern District of New York.
- Represented an ad hoc creditor group in a successful exit financing bid in the chapter 11 restructuring of GT Advanced Technologies Inc. in the District of New Hampshire.
- Represented an ad hoc group of unsecured noteholders in the chapter 11 restructuring of Energy XXI Ltd in the Southern District of Texas.
- Represented a prominent international law firm in respect of potential liability for its role in advising Caesars Entertainment Operating Company (CEOC) and affiliates on more than a dozen corporate transactions prior to the chapter 11 restructuring of CEOC in the Northern District of Illinois.
- Represented Casella Waste Systems in respect of its issuance of a series of solid waste disposal revenue bonds and a refinancing of the company’s corporate debt with a new senior secured asset-based revolving credit facility.
- Represented various corporate clients in matters involving customer, supplier, and partner insolvencies.