Jessica Grischkan is temporarily on a full-time client secondment.
Jessica is an associate in the data, privacy, and cybersecurity group, based in Ropes & Gray’s New York office. She represents a broad range of companies on a variety of privacy and cybersecurity matters, guiding clients through U.S. federal and state laws as well as other international privacy and cybersecurity laws. Jessica also advises clients on privacy and cybersecurity matters arising in corporate transactions and aids clients in cybersecurity preparedness and data breach incident response. She works with a diverse group of clients, including public corporations, private equity companies, hospital systems, pharmaceutical manufacturers and individuals.
During law school, Jessica served as a research assistant to Professor Matthew Waxman, concentrating on cybersecurity and national security law, and interned in the Computer Crime and Intellectual Property Section at the Department of Justice. Prior to law school, Jessica was a fellow at a research and advisory services company in Washington, D.C., where she focused on legal and policy developments related to cybersecurity.
Counseling and Compliance
- Conducted a comprehensive review of international data privacy and cybersecurity risk across portfolio companies of a prominent private equity firm.
- Developed an information security program and privacy notices for a leading education technology company.
- Advised a leading provider of kidney care in the United States on a variety of data privacy and security issues.
- Conducted diligence of key data, privacy, and cybersecurity issues in a variety of private equity transactions.
- Advised Altimeter Growth Corp. in its plan to take Grab Holdings, owner of a leading superapp in Southeast Asia, public in the United States by providing counsel on privacy laws, data protection authorities, and Grab’s cybersecurity program.
- Generated a CCPA compliance program and policies for a biotechnology company.
- Provided CCPA and CPRA compliance advice to a variety of healthcare, life sciences, financial services, and other clients.
Crisis Management and Incident Response
- Represented the former SolarWinds CEO in relation to one of the most significant and sophisticated cyberattacks to date including in his Congressional testimony and regulatory investigations.
- Counselled a popular cooking show on its response to a Video Privacy Protection Act complaint.
- Advised numerous clients on data breaches and incident response that required analysis of breach reporting obligations under U.S. and international law, including a private investment firm that experienced a data breach at one of its portfolio companies, a prominent university targeted by state-sponsored threat actors, and an international biopharmaceutical company.
- JD, Columbia Law School, 2020; James Kent Scholar; Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- BA (Political Science), summa cum laude, Columbia University, 2015; Phi Beta Kappa
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2021