Abigail E. Gregor
Abigail joined Ropes & Gray in November of 2011 as an associate in the corporate department, with a focus on life sciences and FDA regulatory matters. She provides legal advice to pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in a wide variety of corporate transactions, including license and collaboration agreements, public and private securities offerings, and supports private equity transactions as a Life Sciences specialist. Additionally, Abigail advises clients on a broad range of FDA regulatory issues, including advertising and promotion, internal compliance strategies, and government investigations.
Prior to joining the firm, Abigail worked as a field manufacturing HR representative for The Pepsi Bottling Group. While in law school, she was a founding member of the Harvard Journal of Sports & Entertainment Law (JSEL), serving as both technical editor and managing editor.
- Represented a large global pharmaceutical company in its global strategic collaboration with a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company to develop and commercialize a PI3K inhibitor for the treatment of patients with cancer.
- Represented Alexion Pharmaceuticals in its strategic license agreement with Moderna Therapeutics for $100 million in cash upfront to purchase 10 product options to develop and commercialize treatments for rare diseases utilizing Moderna’s mRNA Therapeutics platform.
- Represented the lead underwriters, Bank of America Merrill lynch and Leerink Swann, in the $112 million follow-on offering for Karyopharm Therapeutics, a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of drugs directed against nuclear transport targets for the treatment of cancer and other major diseases.
- Assisted in the defense of a pharmaceutical distribution company against government allegations of off-label promotion and the shipping of adulterated and misbranded drug products.
- Advised numerous pharmaceutical companies on the development of compliant advertising and promotional pieces. Conducted a comprehensive internal compliance audit for a major multinational pharmaceutical company to assess advertising and promotional risk.