Abigail E. Gregor
Abigail is an associate in the life sciences practice at Ropes & Gray. She focuses her practice on representing pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology companies in licensing and collaboration transactions, strategic commercial partnerships, joint ventures, co-promotion agreements and distribution and manufacturing arrangements.
Prior to joining the firm, Abigail worked as a field manufacturing HR representative for The Pepsi Bottling Group. While in law school, she was a founding member of the Harvard Journal of Sports & Entertainment Law (JSEL), serving as both technical editor and managing editor.
- Represented a leading genomic research institution in its worldwide licensing agreement with a startup gene editing company to develop and commercialize precision genetic medicines.
- Represented Groupe Rocher in its acquisition of Arbonne International, a leader in direct selling of botanically based beauty, personal care and nutrition products.
- Represented Zai Lab Limited in its exclusive license agreement with Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc., for FPA144 Anti-FGFR2b antibody in Greater China and global strategic development collaboration.
- Represented Zai Lab Limited in its collaboration and license agreement with Entasis Therapeutics Holdings, Inc., under which Zai Lab obtained exclusive rights to develop and commercialize Entasis’s proprietary compounds known as ETX2514 and ETX2514SUL in mainland China and several other Asian countries, as well as Australia and New Zealand.
- Represented Pfizer in its transaction with Allogene Therapeutics for Pfizer's portfolio of assets related to allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (CAR T) therapy, an investigational immune cell therapy approach to treating cancer.
- Represented Alexion Pharmaceuticals in its collaboration and licensing agreement with Halozyme Therapeutics that enables Alexion to use Halozyme’s ENHANZE drug delivery technology in the development of subcutaneous formulations for Alexion’s rare disease drug product portfolio.
- Represented CANbridge Life Sciences in its $144 million collaboration and license agreement with AVEO Oncology in which AVEO has granted CANbridge Life Sciences worldwide rights, excluding the United States, Canada, and Mexico, to AV-203, AVEO’s clinical-stage ErbB3 (HER3) inhibitory antibody candidate.
- Represented Pfizer in its $130 million acquisition of two meningitis vaccines from GlaxoSmithKline.
- Seconded for six months to global biopharmaceutical company as an associate general counsel responsible for endocrinology and fertility therapeutic areas, leading legal issues relating to advertising and promotional review committees, as well as supported and advised brand teams and senior leadership, drafted commercial agreements, among other corporate responsibilities.
- Represented a large global pharmaceutical company in its global strategic collaboration with a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company to develop and commercialize a PI3K inhibitor for the treatment of patients with cancer.
- Represented Alexion Pharmaceuticals in its strategic license agreement with Moderna Therapeutics for $100 million in cash upfront to purchase 10 product options to develop and commercialize treatments for rare diseases utilizing Moderna’s mRNA Therapeutics platform.
- JD, cum laude, Harvard Law School, 2011; Journal of Sports & Entertainment Law , Managing Editor and Technical Editor
- BS (Industrial & Labor Relations), with Honors, Cornell University, 2006