Ana Gomez-Palazzo practices in the intellectual property transactions and life sciences groups at Ropes & Gray, advising clients on a wide range of strategic transactions, including license agreements, complex collaborations, mergers and acquisitions, supply and distribution agreements, and other commercial transactions where intellectual property is a key consideration.
- Represented Sunovion Pharmaceuticals, a subsidiary of Japan’s Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma, in a $1 billion dollar worldwide co-development and co-commercialization agreement with Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. for four novel neurology drugs, two of which are in Phase 3 development.
- Advised Belgian biopharmaceutical company iTeos Therapeutics in a $2 billion collaboration with global health care leader GSK to co-develop and co-commercialize an anti-TIGIT monoclonal antibody as a potential treatment for cancer patients.
- Represented a global biopharmaceutical company in its collaboration, option and license agreement with a clinical stage biotechnology company to research and develop a vaccine-based immunotherapy for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection.
- Advised Gilead Sciences, Inc. on intellectual property/licensing matters related to its $1.55 billion exclusive option to acquire Tizona Therapeutics, Inc.
- Represented Ginkgo Bioworks in a number of transactions, including a strategic partnership with Aldevron to optimize production of vaccinia capping enzymes (VCE).
- Advised Bain Capital in its $125 million non-dilutive financing with Cerevel Therapeutics to fund the Phase 3 development program for tavapadon in Parkinson's disease, also known as the TEMPO trials.
- JD, Stanford Law School, 2017
- BA (Political Science), magna cum laude, Boston College, 2014
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2017