Dennis Genshenza is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s private investment funds group in London. Dennis trained at the firm’s London office and gained experience in private equity, tax, special situations and private investment funds. Prior to joining the firm, Dennis worked at Northern Trust as a Business Process Consultant helping automate and implement projects for the Canadian branch.
During law school, Dennis co-founded Students for Students Aboard (S4S), a free provider of compressive services to international students wanting to enroll in undergraduate or graduate programs at various universities across the UK. Dennis also served as VP of the Canadian Law Society.
Prior to graduating from law school, Dennis obtained a B.Com. degree, with specialisation in business and accounting.
Notable transactions in which Dennis has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Acting for Nordic Capital on the formation of Nordic Capital IX (€4.3 billion)
- Acting for numerous institutional investors in relation to their proposed investments in various private funds
- Acting for Kanders & Company, and its portfolio company The Safariland Group, on the acquisition of Aegis Engineering and LBA International
- Acting for Bain Capital on its purchase of a controlling stake in MKM, the UK’s largest independent builders’ merchant, from 3i and Lloyds Development Capital
- Representation of Regis Corporation in its sale and subsequent franchise of substantially all of its mall-based salons and its sale and subsequent franchise of its U.K. businesses
- Acting for Forensic Risk Alliance in connection with a management incentive plan
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LPC, BPP Law School, 2016
- LLB (Hons), University of Sussex, 2014
- BCom, Ryerson University, Ted Rogers School of Business, 2009