Dillon is an associate in the corporate department, where he focuses on mergers and acquisitions, shareholder activism and securities law matters.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Dillon practiced in the New York office of an international law firm. Dillon previously served as an advisor on the U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations and as a legislative aide to then-U.S. Senator John Kerry.
- Bain Capital, as lead investor in a consortium that also included Apple, Seagate, Kingston, Hoya, Dell and SK Hynix, in its $18 billion acqusition of Toshiba Memory Corporation, a leading supplier of flash memory and solid state drives.
- EL Media, the parent company of Branded Cities, a leading out-of-home advertising company, in its recapitalization by Shamrock Capital.
- TAL International Group in its $8.7 billion merger with Triton Container to create Triton International, the world's largest intermodel shipping container leasing company (NYSE: TRTN).
- Colony American Homes in its $7.7 billion merger with Starwood Waypoint Residential Trust to create Colony Starwood Homes, an owner and operator of single-family residences (NYSE: SFR).
- NextEra Energy Partners, which owns and operates clean energy projects, in its $467 million initial public offering (NYSE: NEP).