Doug Giannantonio joined Ropes & Gray in 2018 as an associate in the private equity transactions group. Doug represents private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in a wide range of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, dispositions, strategic investments and corporate governance matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Doug was a corporate associate in the New York office of another premier U.S. law firm, where he advised public and private companies in connection with M&A, capital markets transactions and credit facilities.
Matters include representing:
- American Industrial Partners in its:
- Sale of Gerber Technology to Lectra S.A., a French société anonyme listed on Euronext (LSS).
- Acquisition of the Lewisport automotive body sheet plant from Novelis in a DOJ-mandated process.
- Acquisition of General Electric’s Current, powered by GE business unit, a leading provider of energy efficiency and digital productivity solutions for commercial offices, retail stores, industrial facilities and cities.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice funds in connection with its investment, alongside Merck GHI and McKesson Ventures, in M2GEN, a leading oncology data and informatics platform focused on transforming cancer care.
- Kohlberg & Company in its:
- Acquisition of a majority stake in GPRS, the nation’s largest provider of advanced scanning services for subsurface infrastructure.
- Acquisition of EN Engineering, a leading utility services firm.
- New Mountain Capital in its:
- Sale of a majority stake in OneDigital, a leading U.S. provider of employee benefits insurance brokerage and retirement consulting services, to affiliates of Onex Corporation.
- Acquisition of emids, a global leader in healthcare IT.
- Partners Group and Kohlberg & Company in the acquisition of BluSky Restoration Contractors, which specializes in real estate damage services that stabilize emergency situations and restore businesses and property back to pre-loss condition.
- Partners Group in its investment in GlobalLogic, a leader in digital product engineering services.
- Silver Lake Partners, and its portfolio company LightBox, in connection with LightBox’s acquisition of Real Capital Markets, a global marketplace for commercial real estate.
- A private equity sponsor in connection with its investment in an ear, nose and throat (or “ENT”) medical practice.
Matters prior to joining Ropes & Gray include representing:
- Weyerhaeuser Company (NYSE: WY) in connection with the divestiture of its Cellulose Fibers pulp mills to International Paper (NYSE: IP) for $2.2 billion.
- AGL Resources in connection with its merger with the Southern Company (NYSE: SO) with an enterprise value of approximately $12 billion, creating one of America’s leading U.S. electric and gas utilities companies.
- A publicly-listed multinational information and analytics company in its:
- Acquisition of an academic software company.
- Formation of a joint venture focused on providing client hosting and infrastructure services.
- Cincinnati Bell in connection with its $350 million Rule 144A / Regulation S high-yield debt offering.
- The initial purchasers, led by Wells Fargo Securities and J.P. Morgan Securities, in connection with the 144A / Regulation S high-yield debt offering of Itron, Inc., a leading technology and services company dedicated to the resourceful use of electricity, natural gas and water, the proceeds of which were used to finance Itron’s acquisition of Silver Spring Networks, Inc.
- Credit Suisse, as administrative agent, in connection with $3.1 billion in credit facilities to CBRE, a publicly-listed commercial real estate services and investment firm.
- DreamWorks Animation in connection with its $450 million senior secured credit facilities.
- Rock-Tenn Company (n/k/a WestRock) in connection with $4.3 billion in credit facilities, the proceeds of which were used to finance Rock-Tenn’s acquisition of MeadWestvaco Corporation.
- JD, Columbia Law School, 2014; Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar; Articles Editor, Columbia Science and Technology Law Review
- BS (Biomedical Engineering), with Distinction, Duke University, 2010
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2015