AssociateDoug Giannantonio joined Ropes & Gray in 2018 as an associate in the private equity transactions group. Prior to joining the firm, Doug was a corporate associate in the New York office of a premier U.S. law firm, where he advised public and private companies on mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, securities offerings and corporate governance matters.
Matters prior to joining Ropes & Gray include representing:
- Weyerhaeuser Company (NYSE: WY) in connection with the divestiture of its Cellulose Fibers pulp mills to International Paper (NYSE: IP) for $2.2 billion.
- AGL Resources in connection with its merger with the Southern Company (NYSE: SO) for an enterprise value of approximately $12 billion, creating one of America’s leading U.S. electric and gas utilities companies.
- A private equity firm in connection with the sale of its portfolio company’s marketing business.
- A publicly-listed multinational information and analytics company:
- in its acquisition of an academic software company.
- in its formation of a joint venture focused on providing client hosting and infrastructure services.
- A publicly-listed telecommunications company in connection with its $350 million Rule 144A/Regulation S high-yield debt offering.
- The underwriters in connection with the 144A/Regulation S high-yield debt offering of Itron, Inc., a leading technology and services company dedicated to the resourceful use of electricity, natural gas and water.
- The dealer manager in connection with the debt exchange offer of an oil and gas company.
- A publicly-listed technology company in connection with its multi-billion dollar share repurchase program.