Effie George Floyd
Effie George Floyd joined Ropes & Gray in 2015 as an associate in the real estate investments & transactions group. Effie has experience in a wide variety of commercial real estate matters, including acquisitions, dispositions, development and construction of commercial real estate, as well as financing transactions.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Effie practiced at an international firm in its Boston office. During law school, Effie focused on real estate and environmental law, and was granted the Certificate in Land Use & Environmental Law.
- Representation of a global investment manager in the recapitalization of more than $2 billion of commercial and multifamily real estate assets located throughout the United States.
- Representation of an international real estate investor in the negotiation of a multi-tier joint venture structure to acquire a portfolio of real estate assets in the secondary market.
- Representation of a global investment manager in the negotiation of joint ventures and the acquisition and development of biomedical and life sciences buildings and campuses, both stabilized and under development, in Cambridge, San Francisco and San Diego.
- Representation of a private equity firm in the acquisition of vineyard and winery assets in California and Washington worth nearly $1 billion, and the first- and second-lien financing and refinancing of such assets.
- Ongoing representation of a special situations private equity fund in the acquisition of agricultural properties across the U.S. through joint venture arrangements.
- Representation of a large institutional capital partner in acquisition of an 116-acre site to serve as the future site of the Seton Hall-Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine and negotiation of credit tenant lease ("CTL") financing for the property. The property was acquired through a joint venture.
- Representation of a prominent bottling company in its acquisition of manufacturing and distribution facilities.
- Representation of private investment clients in negotiating and closing master repurchase facilities from major commercial and investment banks to finance commercial real estate loans secured by real estate, as well as in the financing of individual loans under the various repurchase facilities.
- Representation of an institutional investor in the $430 million redevelopment of the former Nashville Convention Center.
- Pro bono representation of Pine Street Inn in its acquisition, structuring and redevelopment of properties in Brookline, Massachusetts using equity, private construction financing and tax credit investment structures.