Effie George Floyd
Effie George Floyd joined Ropes & Gray in 2015 as an associate in the real estate investments & transactions group. Effie has experience in a wide variety of commercial real estate matters, including acquisitions, dispositions, development and construction of commercial real estate, as well as financing transactions.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Effie practiced at an international firm in its Boston office. During law school, Effie focused on real estate and environmental law, and was granted the Certificate in Land Use & Environmental Law.
- Represented a large institutional capital partner in negotiating credit tenant lease (“CTL”) financing for the acquisition of an 116-acre property in New Jersey. The property was acquired through a joint venture with Prism Capital Partners. The $120 million CTL financing was secured by a lease of a portion of the property with a total rental stream of nearly $200 million over 25 years. The joint venture intends to develop a portion of the property into the future site of a medical school to be operated by Hackensack Meridian Health Network and Seton Hall University, with the remainder of the property to be developed into a mixed-use community.
- Represented TSG Consumer Partners in its investment in, and financing of, the vineyards of Duckhorn Wine Company.
- Represented the Coca-Cola Bottling Company in its acquisition of manufacturing and distribution facilities from the Coca-Cola Company.
- Represents private investment clients in negotiating and closing master repurchase facilities from major commercial and investment banks to finance commercial real estate loans secured by real estate, as well as in the financing of individual loans under the various repurchase facilities.
- On-going representation of an institutional investor in the $430 million redevelopment of the former Nashville Convention Center.
- Representation of Pine Street Inn pro bono in its acquisition, structuring and redevelopment of properties in Brookline, Massachusetts using equity, private construction financing and tax credit investment structures.