Ezra D. Geggel
Ezra Geggel focuses his practice on government and internal investigations and complex civil litigation. Ezra has represented clients in matters involving the False Claims Act, the Anti-Kickback Statute, federal securities laws, state consumer protection laws, and indemnification disputes.
Ezra maintains an active pro bono practice, representing individuals in asylum and family law matters and religious institutions in state court and administrative proceedings. During law school, Ezra worked on European Union human rights law in London at the Centre for Advice on Individual Rights in Europe.
- Represented major pharmaceutical company in long-running government-intervened False Claims Act litigation involving allegations of fraudulent Medicaid price reporting.
- Represented large medical device company in False Claims Act litigation alleging fraud-on-the-FDA and violations of the Anti-Kickback Statute.
- Represented hospital system in government investigation of reverse False Claims Act allegation.
- Represented biotechnology company developing a novel treatment for a serious medical condition in a federal Securities Act claim.
- Represented international dental product manufacturer in indemnification dispute involving breach of contract, intentional misrepresentation, and unfair business practices claims before the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court.
- Represented national retailer in multiple consumer class actions challenging price advertising practices under state consumer protections statutes.
- Represented a national wholesale distributer in a Massachusetts Attorney General investigation under the state False Claims Act.
- Represented official committee of unsecured creditors in a bankruptcy court hearing regarding debtors’ proposed plan of reorganization.
- Represented non-profit organizations investigating allegations of historical misconduct.
- Co-author, “New Burma Act Would Hinder US Investment In Myanmar,” Law360 (December 4, 2017)