Ezra D. Geggel
Ezra Geggel is an associate in the Litigation & Enforcement group. Ezra focuses his practice on government and internal investigations, white collar criminal defense and complex civil litigation. Ezra represents companies, non-profits, schools and individuals in criminal and civil matters involving allegations of fraud and misconduct as well as potential violations of the False Claims Act, the Anti-Kickback Statute, federal securities laws and state consumer protection laws. Ezra maintains an active pro bono practice, representing individuals and institutions in immigration proceedings, family law matters and civil litigation.
- Represented parent in “Varsity Blues” college admissions prosecution.
- Conducted independent investigation into the abuse of athletes at national and Olympic sports organizations.
- Advised high-profile association regarding reforms to its policies and practices as part of a comprehensive diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy.
- Represented major pharmaceutical company in long-running government-intervened False Claims Act litigation involving allegations of fraudulent Medicaid price reporting.
- Represented large medical device company in False Claims Act litigation alleging fraud-on-the-FDA and violations of the Anti-Kickback Statute.
- Represented large medical device company in a joint criminal/civil False Claims Act investigation.
- Represented a health care service provider in a civil False Claims Act investigation.
- Represented hospital system in a reverse False Claims Act investigation.
- Represented biotechnology company developing a novel treatment for a serious medical condition in a federal Securities Act claim.
- Represented international dental product manufacturer in indemnification dispute involving breach of contract, intentional misrepresentation, and unfair business practices claims before the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court.
- Represented national retailer in multiple consumer class actions challenging price advertising practices under state consumer protections statutes.
- Represented a national wholesale distributer in a Massachusetts Attorney General investigation under the state False Claims Act.
- Represented official committee of unsecured creditors in a bankruptcy court hearing regarding debtors’ proposed plan of reorganization.
- Represented non-profit organizations investigating allegations of historical misconduct.
- Co-author, “New Burma Act Would Hinder US Investment In Myanmar,” Law360 (December 4, 2017)
- JD, magna cum laude, University of Michigan, 2014; Order of the Coif; Michigan Law Review
- BA (History), magna cum laude, University of Pennsylvania, 2009
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, 2019
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 2019
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, 2021
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, 2019
- The Best Lawyers in America – Ones to Watch (2021-2022)