Howard S. Glazer
Howard Glazer has broad transactional experience and has built a practice focused on providing pragmatic advice in connection with structuring and negotiating mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, leveraged recapitalizations, preferred equity investments, workouts and restructurings. Howard represents private equity sponsors such as Bain Capital, Genstar Capital, Altamont Capital Partners and TPG Capital. In connection with the COVID-19 pandemic, he has been providing the firm’s clients with proactive guidance on how to navigate legal aspects of the crisis.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Howard worked in the Creditors' Rights department of a major New York law firm, where his experience ranged from representing a Creditors Committee in a contested multibillion-dollar Chapter 11 proceeding to representing financial institutions and distressed companies in workouts and restructurings.
- Represented Genstar Capital in its definitive agreement to acquire Advarra, a leading provider of compliance solutions critical to the drug development process, from Linden Capital Partners.
- Represented Altamont Capital Partners in its majority equity investment into The Juice Plus Company, a direct seller of whole food-based nutritional products.
- Represented Altamont Capital in the recapitalization of Fox Head, Inc., a maker of motorcoss equipment and apparel.
- Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Telestream, a world-class provider of live and on-demand digital video tools and workflow solutions.
- Represented Belden, Inc. in its acquisition of Tripwire, Inc., a leading global provider of advanced threat, security and compliance solutions. The cash deal was valued at $710 million.
- Representing Mammoth Mountain in its acquisition to acquire the Bear Mountain and Snow Summit resorts near Big Bear Lake in the San Bernardino Mountains east of Los Angeles. Both resorts are operated by Snow Summit Ski Corp.
- Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition and subsequent sale of Insurity, Inc. (formerly the LexisNexis Risk Solutions insurance software division).
- Represented Altamont Capital in its minority investment in Wunderlich Securities, a leading regional full service investment firm headquartered in Memphis, TN.
- Represented Genstar Capital in their sale of TravelClick, Inc., a global provider of innovative cloud-based software solutions to the hospitality industry, for $930 million.
- Quoted, “What’s in the $2 Trillion Senate Coronavirus Bill,” The Wall Street Journal (March 26, 2020)
- Quoted, “Senate’s Coronavirus Stimulus Deal Offers Little Relief for Private Equity,” WSJ Pro Private Equity (March 25, 2020)
- Quoted, “Deal Flow Hits 'Grinding Halt' in Pandemic's Wake,” FundFire (March 18, 2020)
- Co-Author, “Ancestry.com price was fair, despite challenge from appraisal arbitrage investors,” International Law Office (May 20, 2015)
- Co-Author, “New regulations likely to slow 'inversion' deal activity,” International Law Office (January 28, 2015)
- Co-author, “Vivendi-Activision repurchase allowed to proceed,” International Law Office (March 19, 2014)
- Co-author, “Delaware Supreme Court refuses to expand exceptions to ownership requirement,” International Law Office (February 19, 2014)
- Co-author, “Duty to negotiate in good faith gets enforced,” International Law Office (November 17, 2013)
- JD, cum laude, University of Pennsylvania Law School, 1990; Order of the Coif
- MBA (Accounting), with Distinction, The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, 1990
- BS (Finance), magna cum laude, The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, 1986; Beta Gamma Sigma
- BA (Political Science), magna cum laude, University of Pennsylvania School of Arts and Sciences, 1986
Admissions / Qualifications
- California, 2008
- Massachusetts, 1991
- New York, 1991
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2015-2018)
- Legal 500 (2014)