Jennifer Gordon is an associate in the intellectual property transactions group at Ropes & Gray. Jennifer’s practice includes advising clients on intellectual property and technology matters related to strategic transactions, including mergers & acquisitions, collaborations, carve-outs, technology licensing and transfers, joint ventures and alliances, and other strategic commercial transactions.
Jennifer has experience advising both public and private companies across a wide range of industries, including technology and software, internet and media, financial services, data privacy and data security, consumer brands, health care, private equity, and other financial services.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Jennifer was an associate in the intellectual property, sourcing & technology group and data security and privacy group at another international law firm.
- Represented a leading multinational fintech company in establishing a new technology services company, including the development of template agreements, negotiations with initial customers and the development of a negotiation strategy.*
- Represented a New York-based private equity firm in its multi-billion-dollar acquisition of a provider of end-to-end technology solutions for the health care industry. Advised on complex IT separation issues and in rebranding of the business.*
- Represented a New York-based private equity firm in its multi-billion-dollar acquisition of a provider of higher education software solutions.*
- Represented a U.S. water and wastewater utility company in its multi-billion-dollar sale of a provider of warranty protection programs and other home services.*
- Advised financial services clients on a broad range of cybersecurity and privacy law matters, including alternative data, preparation of privacy notices, development of cybersecurity policies, and response to data breaches.*
*Handled prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- JD, cum laude, Brooklyn Law School, 2017; Executive Articles Editor, Brooklyn Journal of Corporate, Financial, and Commercial Law
- BA (Philosophy, Politics and Law), cum laude, Binghamton University, State University of New York, 2014
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2018