John E. Galvin
John joined Ropes & Gray in 2015 as an associate in the corporate department. He focuses his practice on representing private equity firms and strategic investors in the structuring and negotiation of mergers and acquisitions, investments and divestitures across a broad range of industries, including consumer products and services, technology, health care and asset management. John also regularly advises private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies on corporate governance, compliance and general operational matters.
- Represented TSG Consumer Partners in its investments and divestitures in a number of food and beverage and consumer products companies, including Sunshine Fitness, a leading owner and operator of Planet Fitness clubs in the Southeast United States, and thinkThin, a maker of wholesome protein-rich foods.
- Represented Audax Group in its investment in Axia Women's Health, the largest integrated OB/GYN healthcare provider in the United States.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in the sale of Lightower, a leading provider of fiber solutions, to Crown Castle International Corp. for approximately $7.1 billion in cash.
- Represented Charlesbank Capital Partners and its portfolio company, HDT Global, in the acquisition of DRS Environmental Systems, a manufacturer of rugged and transportable mobile enclosures, environmental control units, power generators and other ground support systems.
- Represented Iora Health in its $100 million Series E equity funding round funded by .406 Ventures, Devonshire Investors, F-Prime Capital, Flare Capital Partners, GE Ventures, Humana, Khosla Ventures, Polaris Partners and Temasek.
- Represented Gridiron Capital in its divestiture of Electronic Systems Protection, a leading manufacturer of energy intelligence and power protection solutions.
- Represented StemCells Inc. in its merger with Microbot Medical Ltd., which specializes in the research, design and development of micro-robotic medical technologies.
- Represented Planet Fitness, Inc. and its private equity sponsor, TSG Consumer Partners, in its secondary public offering of shares.
- Represented the Affiliated Managers Group, Inc. in its approximately $480 million forward equity offering.
- Regularly represents asylum-seeking immigrants, pro bono.
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 2015; notes editor, Georgetown Journal of International Law
- BA (International Relations and Political Science), magna cum laude, Tufts University, 2010