John Giampa is temporarily on a full-time Client Secondment.
John Giampa joined the corporate department as an associate in 2016 and works primarily in the firm’s health care group. He provides transactional, compliance and regulatory advice to a range of health care clients, including hospitals and health systems, pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, managed care organizations, independent practice associations, and health care focused private equity firms.
John maintains an active pro bono practice, and has represented several clients in immigration law matters. John represents clients as part of Project Validate, the firm’s initiative to help transgender individuals obtain amended state and federal identification documents, in partnership with GLBTQ Advocates and Defenders (GLAD) and Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition.
During law school, John advised organizational clients of limited means as part of the Boston College Community Enterprise Clinic and served as a student editor for the Boston College Law Review. Before law school, John received a master’s degree in public health, with a focus on health policy and management. As part of this degree program, John worked with a research organization focusing on health issues facing young adults and the LGBT community.
- Advised private equity firms on investment considerations for targets in the health care industry, including a drug discount card company and a health care consulting firm
- Advised management service organizations in connection with acquisitions of practices and formation issues
- Advised hospitals and hospital groups in bond issuances, both tax-exempt and taxable
- Advised an independent practice association (IPA) with respect to provider contracting, regulatory and compliance issues
- Represented medical device manufacturer in connection with contracting and multiple regulatory issues
- Co-author, “Compliance in a Value-Based Reimbursement World,” (September 2018)
- Co-author, “Future MACRA Concerns For Hospitals And Health Systems,” Law360 (November 22, 2017)
- Co-author, “Certificates of Confidentiality After the 21st Century Cures Act” Bloomberg BNA’s Medical Research Law and Policy Report (October 4, 2017)
- Co-author, “What To Know About HHS Revised 'Common Rule',” Law360 (February 13, 2017)
- Co-presenter, “Contracting Strategies & Challenges for Effective VBP Contracting,” HFMA Western New York Chapter Conference: The Shift to Value Based Payment (June 6, 2018)
- Co-presenter, “Effective Governance & Decision Making Strategies for Population Health Initiatives,” HFMA Western New York Chapter Conference: The Shift to Value Based Payment (June 6, 2018)