Josephine M. Greaves
Jo Greaves is a Senior Attorney in the real estate investments & transactions group at Ropes & Gray. She focuses her practice on the real estate aspects of a wide variety of transactions, including representation of private equity companies, corporations and sponsors in the acquisition and disposition of real estate across various industries, including manufacturing, health care, food services and consumer products. She also represents financial institutions, corporate clients and loan agents (as lenders and borrowers) in secured financing transactions with real estate collateral with an emphasis on large multi-state portfolios.
- Represented TSG Consumer Partners in its investment in, and financing of, the vineyards of Duckhorn Wine Company
- Represented Coca-Cola Bottling Company of Central Florida in its acquisition of manufacturing and distribution facilities from the Coca-Cola Company
- Represented Kohlberg & Company in all real estate related to the acquisition, multiple financings and the disposition of Pittsburgh Glass Works to LKQ Corporation
- Represented a global energy company in its acquisition and financing of a large portfolio of gas stations in New England
- Represented MetLife in a $310 million secured commercial real estate loan
- Represented Dunkin’ Brands, Inc. on real estate aspects of its whole business securitization
- Represented a leading non-profit healthcare institution in securing real estate tax exempt status for a major medical office facility
- Represented various private equity funds in Section 363 acquisitions involving large real estate portfolios throughout the U.S.
- Pro bono representation of a historic African Methodist Episcopal Church in a Chapter 11 sale of property in order to preserve the Church
- JD, magna cum laude, Suffolk University Law School, 1992
- BCL, honors, University College Cork, 1979
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 1992