Justin Gaudenzi joined Ropes & Gray in 2018 as an associate in the firm’s finance group. Before joining the firm, Justin worked as an associate in a New York based law firm representing lenders in a wide variety of commercial lending transactions, including secured financings, acquisition and leveraged financings, and asset based financings.
During law school, Justin was a founding board member of the NYU Law Sports Law Association and served as the Vice President of the Student Lawyer Athletic Program as well as an Admitted Student Ambassador and a student advocate for the Student Representation Project. Justin also competed on the NYU Dean’s Cup basketball team.
- Represented the administrative agent in a private equity fund’s revolving credit facility pursuant to the acquisition of a major Canadian steel contractor. Acquisition was part of a larger go-private transaction, involving a complex restructuring.*
- Represented the administrative agent in an acquisition and refinancing transaction of a mid-market refinery and power generator services provider company, with major holdings in Canada.*
- Represented the administrative agent of a senior secured facility as part of a $400 million leveraged financing of a merger of two consumer finance companies.*
- Represented the administrative agent in an $800 million syndicated bank financing of a major wireless communications distributor.*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- JD, New York University School of Law, 2016; Articles Editor, NYU Journal of Legislation and Public Policy
- BA (History and Political Science), summa cum laude, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 2013; Eagleton Institute of Politics Undergraduate Associate