Lindsey R. Goldstein
A leader in Ropes & Gray’s asset management group, Lindsey Goldstein is a deeply trusted counselor to both established and emerging asset managers, who rely on her for her day-to-day business insights and legal guidance. Drawing on more than a decade of experience in sponsor-side fund work, Lindsey focuses her practice on advising U.S. and non-U.S. private investment fund sponsors on a wide range of matters, including the formation and structuring of private investment funds, capital raising, fund regulatory and compliance matters, and portfolio investment activities.
Lindsey has extensive experience with the fundraising and ongoing operation of buyout funds, secondaries funds, funds-of-funds, venture funds and special-focus funds. She also advises private investment fund sponsors with respect to separately managed account and single investor fund arrangements with some of the largest U.S. and non-U.S. institutional investors. In addition, she provides thoughtful, strategic guidance to sponsors on the organization of their internal firm structures and governance matters.
Known for her responsiveness and ability to analyze situations quickly and provide on-point solutions, Lindsey is often the first call that clients make when seeking advice on any issue. She works in close partnership with clients to address all of their legal, operational and business concerns.
Prior to law school, Lindsey worked in television production for Major League Baseball and ESPN, where she was the recipient of an Emmy Award for her contribution to Baseball Tonight. Lindsey is a member of the Ropes & Gray Diversity Committee and the steering committee for the firm’s Women’s Forum.
- Accolade Partners
- AlpInvest Partners
- Atairos Group
- Benefit Street Partners
- Parthenon Capital
- Sands Capital
- Summit Rock Advisors
- Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe
- Quoted, “Launching a Secondaries Platform: Unique Aspects of Fund Structuring and Information Sharing Issues (Part Two of Two),” Private Equity Law Report (November 2, 2021)
- Quoted, “Launching a Secondaries Platform: Why PE Sponsors Expand Into Secondaries and Key Pre‑Considerations to Weigh (Part One of Two),” Private Equity Law Report (October 26, 2021)
- Quoted, “Top First-Half Funds Show PE's Growing Global Reach,” Law360 (July 2, 2021)
- JD, cum laude, Boston College Law School, 2008
- BS (Journalism and Economics), Northwestern University, 2001
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2009
- Law360 “Fund Formation MVP” (2021)