Lisa Q. Guo
Lisa Guo joined Ropes & Gray in 2012 as an associate in the corporate department. She works primarily in the firm’s health care group. Lisa provides transactional, regulatory, and compliance advice to a variety of health care clients, including pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, hospitals and health systems, clinical laboratories, academic medical centers, and investors active in the health care sector. She has assisted these clients with ongoing counseling, government investigations, mergers and acquisitions, and private equity transactions.
- Provide ongoing fraud and abuse counseling to pharmaceutical manufacturers on a variety of issues, including relationships with healthcare providers, patients, and other customers.
- Provide ongoing advice regarding contract development and negotiation to a variety of health care clients, including pharmaceutical manufacturer arrangements with pharmacies and wholesalers.
- Conducted a comprehensive risk assessment of a commercial role at a large pharmaceutical company, including interviews and review of relevant materials.
- Assisted a clinical laboratory in a review of its compliance program, including drafting of compliance policies, identifying potential fraud and abuse violations, and ensuring compliance with Corporate Integrity Agreement requirements.
- Advised a medical device client regarding requirements for medical device prescription and distribution under state law.
- Advised a health system in taking operational control of and financial responsibility for a medical school, including advice on obtaining independent accreditation, licensure and certification for the medical school.
- Advised a university on structural, organizational, and governance considerations in re-aligning its relationship with its physician faculty and affiliated teaching hospital.
- Co-author, “Building a Better Mousetrap: A Physician’s Guide to Commercializing a Medical Device Invention,” American Health Lawyers Journal of Health & Life Sciences Law (October 2018)
- JD, Yale Law School, 2012; Yale Journal of Health Policy, Law, and Ethics; Yale Human Rights & Development Law Journal
- BA (Spanish, Chemistry, and Psychology), summa cum laude, Vanderbilt University, 2008; Phi Beta Kappa Centennial Award