Michael J. Gilbert
Mike Gilbert joined Ropes & Gray in 2007 and is a counsel in the corporate department. Mike’s practice focuses on structuring and negotiating mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts and direct investments for corporate and private equity clients, as well as providing general corporate representation of both public and private companies. Mike also represents investment management firms in connection with strategic transactions including acquisitions, divestitures, minority investments and recapitalizations. The financial investors Mike represents invest in a wide range of markets and industries, including consumer products and retail brands, services, and manufacturing.
- Represented Audax Group in multiple divestitures and acquisitions, recently including a premier healthcare company, a national dental practice management company and a major provider of security services.
- Represented Bain Capital in its $1 billion investment in Genpact, Ltd., a worldwide business process and technology management service provider.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in its $2 billion transaction to acquire and combine Lightower Fiber Networks and Sidera Networks.
- Represented Johnson & Johnson in its acquisition of Aragon Pharmaceuticals, Inc. for $650 million upfront and up to $450 million in contingent payments.
- Represented Natixis Global Asset Management in connection with multiple acquisitions and dispositions of affiliated asset management companies.
- Represents one of the world’s largest asset managers in domestic and international equity co-investments.
- JD, Columbia University School of Law, 2007; Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar; Managing Editor, Columbia Journal of Transnational Law
- BA (Biology), cum laude, Harvard University, 2002
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2007
- Supreme Court of the United States, 2015