Mike Goetz is a partner in the firm's finance practice group. Mike focuses on representing large commercial and investment clients in leveraged lending, acquisition finance matters, and structured/illiquid credits and brings to his practice a high level of commerciality and experience with US structures, allied to a deep understanding of European markets. Mike is managing partner of the London office.
Mike is one of London's most prominent US-trained lawyers, involved in all aspects of structuring, negotiating, and documenting complex cross-border transactions. He also has extensive experience with reorganisations and bankruptcy-related financings, and has successfully represented debt underwriters, lenders and other creditors and borrowers. He has facilitated some of the largest acquisitions on behalf of leading private equity sponsors, including CVC Capital Partners, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts, and Bain Capital.
- Mike frequently speaks at conferences and appears on professional panels regarding a variety of topics relating to finance and restructuring.
- Quoted, “Global London overview – Sharks in the fish pond,” Legal Business (April 8, 2019)
- Quoted, “Global London Focus: M&A – Hunting for whales,” Legal Business (April 8, 2019)
- Quoted, “American revolution,” The Law Society Gazette (January 29, 2018)
- Quoted, “The last word: 2017 – year in review,” Legal Business (December 11, 2017)