Nathaniel F. Gray
Nathaniel’s practice focuses on representing private equity firms and public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts and other direct investments. Nathaniel also advises clients on general corporate and governance matters.
- Represented Gilead Sciences, Inc. in:
- its $1.74 billion exclusive option to acquire Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc., consisting of the acquisition by Gilead of a 49.9% equity interest in Pionyr for $275 million, an option for Gilead to acquire the remaining equity interests of Pionyr for $315 million, and up to $1.15 billion of potential future milestone payments to Pionyr equityholders
- its $1.55 billion exclusive option to acquire Tizona Therapeutics, Inc., consisting of the acquisition by Gilead of a 49.9% equity interest in Tizona for $300 million, and an option for Gilead to acquire the remaining equity interests of Tizona for up to $1.25 billion of potential option fees and future milestone payments to Tizona equityholders
- Represented Mercury Systems, Inc. in its $100 million acquisition of American Panel Corporation, a leading innovator in large area display technology deployed on a wide range of next-generation platforms, including the U.S. Army's Apache attack helicopter and M1A2 Abrams battle tank, as well as the F-35, F-15, F-16 and F-18 fighter jets.
- Represented Silver Lake Partners in its strategic investment in EverCommerce, a leading service commerce platform, connecting best-of-breed marketing, business management, and customer retention technology solutions for more than 200,000 service sector organizations across the globe.
- Represented TPG Capital in its acquisition of Entertainment Partners, the leading global end-to-end provider of production workforce management and automated production software and services to the entertainment industry.
- Represented TPG Growth in its partnership with management to acquire HALO Branded Solutions, a leading marketing services platform, from Audax Private Equity.
- Represented Sixth Street Partners (f/k/a TPG Sixth Street Partners) in connection with investment of up to $150 million in senior secured debt, convertible notes and warrants of Caris Life Sciences.
- Represented Altamont Capital Partners in:
- its carve-out acquisition of Publicis Healthcare Solutions
- its sale of OMNIPLEX Worldwide Services Corporation to Constellis
- Represented WayPoint Capital Partners as lead investor in a $16 million Series B financing in Simple Contacts, a telemedicine platform designed to empower patients to renew their contact lens prescriptions from home.
- Represented TSG Consumer Partners in its minority investment in Nuun & Company, a leading sports hydration provider.
- Represented investor group in the venture financing of an artificial intelligence cybersecurity company.
- Represented MACOM Technology Solutions in its acquisition of Applied Micro Circuits Corporation.
Co-author, “PCAOB Adopts New Auditor Reporting Standard,” Ropes & Gray Alert (July 20, 2017)
- JD, magna cum laude, Boston University School of Law, 2016; Edward F. Hennessey Distinguished Scholar; Paul J. Liacos Scholar; editor, Boston University Law Review
- BA, cum laude, Kenyon College, 2010
Admissions / Qualifications
- California, 2019
- Massachusetts, 2016