Naveen Ganesh focuses his practice on government investigations and related civil litigation. He has extensive experience representing companies in the healthcare and biotechnology industries.
Since joining Ropes & Gray in January 2011, Naveen has represented clients in complex civil and criminal matters involving federal and state anti-kickback laws, the False Claims Act, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act. Naveen has conducted numerous internal investigations and represented clients in enforcement actions by the Department of Justice, state attorneys general and federal regulatory agencies. He also has experience representing clients in insurance coverage disputes and multi-district class action litigation.
In 2014, Naveen served as Special Assistant District Attorney prosecuting misdemeanor and felony offenses in Middlesex County. In that role, he successfully conducted several trials and argued dozens of motions in Cambridge District Court.
Naveen’s pro bono practice focuses on the representation of political asylees involved in actions before the Boston Immigration Court and the Newark Asylum Office. As a junior associate, Naveen led two of the firm’s pro bono initiatives. He managed the pro bono asylum program with the PAIR Project and coordinated the firm’s involvement in the Discovering Justice Mock Trial Program, an experiential learning program for local middle school students.
Prior to law school, Naveen worked as a project analyst at a major Boston law firm and as a tax compliance consultant at a firm focused on advising large financial institutions and multi-national corporations.
- Represented an international pharmaceutical company in a Department of Justice civil investigation arising out of a qui tam complaint alleging violations of the False Claims Act and the federal Anti-Kickback Statute
- Conducted an internal investigation at a large pharmaceutical company that identified potential compliance violations and advised the company on proper remediation measures
- Represented major insurer in multi-million dollar coverage dispute arising out of business interruption and property damage claims at hydro-electric power generation facility
- Represented global asset management firm and managed its response to a state attorney general subpoena
- Represent eighteen syndicates at Lloyd’s of London in a consolidated, multi-district class action alleging state and federal antitrust violations, civil RICO violations, and numerous state common law claims.