Pamela L. Glazier
Pamela Glazier serves as a valued advisor to private equity firms and registered investment companies on critical tax matters. Her dual focus on transactional work and mutual funds gives Pamela a comprehensive understanding of an array of businesses and investment vehicles.
Pamela works with both middle-market and larger PE firms on transactions across industries, including banking, technology, retail and life sciences. She provides advice on the diverse range of tax issues that arise in mergers, acquisitions, debt issuances and restructurings. Combining technical knowledge with a strategic approach, Pamela helps clients to find the most efficient tax structure in the context of each transaction. She also assists with ongoing tax planning.
In her registered investment company practice, Pamela works with mutual funds and their advisors to establish new funds, complete fund mergers and comply with changing regulations. In addition, she advises institutional investors on tax considerations relating to investments in derivative instruments.
Pamela provides pro bono advice to nonprofit organizations on tax-exempt issues.
- Provides ongoing advice on a wide range of tax matters to fund complexes that include Allianz Global Investors, Baillie Gifford Overseas Limited, the DoubleLine Funds, Putnam Funds, MFS Funds and Voya Funds.
- Represented TSG Consumer Partners in its acquisition of CorePower Yoga.
- Represented Summit Partners in its sale of ABILITY Network, a leading cloud-based software-as-a-service technology company, to Inovalon.
- Represented TPG Capital in its sale of Eze Software, a global provider of investment management solutions, to SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc.
- Represented Change Healthcare, a Blackstone majority-owned company, in its creation of a new health care IT company with McKesson Technology Solutions.
- Represented Cressey & Co, SV Life Sciences and Homecare Homebase in the sale of Homecare Homebase, a provider of software services to homecare and hospice providers, to Hearst Corporation.
- Represented Altamont Capital in its acquisitions of Tacala LLC, a franchisee of Taco Bell fast-food restaurants in the Southeastern U.S., and related company Boom Foods LLC, a Sonic franchisee.
- Represented TPG Capital and Fenwal Inc. in the sale of Fenwal to Fresenius Kabi.
- Represented TPG Capital in its carve-out acquisition of Eze Castle Software and RealTick from ConvergEx Group.
- Represented KRG Capital Partners in its acquisition of Home Solutions, a healthcare services company.
- Represented The Blackstone Group in its $3 billion acquisition of Emdeon Inc., a payment cycle management solutions company.
- Represented SteelPath Capital Management in its sale to Oppenheimer Funds, Inc.
- Co-author, “The Intersection of Private and Registered Funds: Interval Fund Investments in Private Open-End Real Estate Funds,” The Investment Lawyer (August 2020)
- JD, cum laude, Harvard Law School, 2006
- BA (Economics), summa cum laude, Brandeis University, 2003; Phi Beta Kappa
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2006
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star (2013-2016)