Phoebe Glenister-So joined the London office of Ropes & Gray in 2019 and is an associate in the private equity transactions group. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, she was a senior associate in the corporate department of another leading international law firm.
Phoebe has a broad range of corporate experience, including advising clients on domestic and cross-border public and private mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, restructurings and providing general commercial and corporate law advice. Phoebe is a dual qualified lawyer in England and Wales and New York.
Notable transactions in which Phoebe has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Advising Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation (MUTB) in relation to its capital and business alliances with Aberdeen Asset Management and the £11bn merger between Aberdeen Asset Management and Standard Life to form Standard Life Aberdeen, of which MUTB was the lead shareholder
- Advising a consortium of investors led by Audley Capital Advisors and Orion Mine Finance on the acquisition of the Mantoverde and Mantos Blancos copper mines in Chile from Anglo American plc
- Acting for Orion Mine Finance and Fusion Capital on the sale of Lynx Resources, the owner of the SASA zinc, lead and silver mine in the Republic of Macedonia, to Central Asia Metals plc
- Advising Elliott Advisors in relation to its stake in Sky plc and the 21st Century Fox and Comcast competing offers for Sky plc
- Advising Invesco on its acquisition of exchange traded fund provider, Source, from Warburg Pincus
- Acting for Franklin Templeton Investments on its acquisition of global value investment manager Edinburgh Partners Limited
- Acting for Sumitomo Rubber Industries Ltd on its acquisition of Sport Direct’s international trademark rights to the DUNLOP brand and related sporting goods and licensing businesses (British Legal Awards 2017 “M&A Team of the Year (Medium Sized Deal)” – Highly Commended)
- Acting for APG, one of Europe’s largest pension fund asset managers, on its circa £1.4bn residential investment joint venture with Delancey and Qatari Diar and the subsequent co-investment by Oxford Properties
- Advising the founder and sole shareholder of a perfume distribution and licensing business on the sale of his company to Revlon, Inc.
- Advising Japaninvest Group plc on its acquisition by Haitong International BVI Limited Securities Group in the first ever public takeover of a foreign company listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange via a UK court-approved scheme of arrangement
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LPC, Distinction, BPP Law School, 2012
- LLM, Distinction, University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2011
- BA (Law), Hons., University of Cambridge, 2010