Raymond J. Grant
Ray is counsel in Ropes & Gray's securities and public companies group. His practice focuses primarily on transactional matters, representing public companies, investment banks and private equity firms and their portfolio companies in connection with capital markets transactions, mergers and acquisitions and other strategic transactions. In addition, Ray regularly counsels clients on securities law compliance and corporate governance matters.
- Represented the lead underwriters in the $1.7 billion initial public offering of Elanco Animal Health Incorporated and the dealer managers in the $8.6 billion exchange of Elanco stock for Lilly stock
- Represented PQ Group Holdings Inc., a portfolio company of CCMP, in its $500 million initial public offering
- Represented the lead underwriters in the $56 million initial public offering of CRISPR Therapeutics AG and subsequent $114 million and $200 million follow-on equity offerings
- Represented the lead underwriters in the $69 million initial public offering of Unum Therapeutics Inc.
- Represented the lead underwriters in the $95 million initial public offering of AveXis, Inc.
- Represented Bain Capital Life Sciences in its convertible preferred stock PIPE investment in Dicerna Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Represented Bright Horizons Family Solutions, and its private equity sponsor Bain Capital, in multiple secondary offerings
- Represented Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc. in its $375 million follow-on equity offering
- Represented Medtronic plc in connection with its $1.3 billion acquisition of HeartWare International
- Represented IMS Health Holdings, Inc. in multiple 144A debt financings
- Represented the lead underwriters in follow-on equity offerings of bluebird bio, Inc. and Sage Therapeutics, Inc.
- JD, summa cum laude, Suffolk University Law School, 2014; executive editor, Suffolk University Law Review
- BA (Economics & Political Science), Brown University, 2010
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2014