Reginald Guy II
Reginald Guy joined Ropes & Gray in the corporate department in 2016. Prior to joining the firm, Reginald was an administrator at Gary Comer College Prep Middle School, a project manager at McMaster-Carr Supply Company, and an operations analyst at Freddie Mac.
During law school, Reginald worked at Allstate Insurance as a summer associate in their corporate litigation department and served as a student lawyer in the Northwestern Law Bluhm Legal Center where he strived to promote justice for children, adolescents, and their families through direct legal representation, policy advocacy and law reform.
Private Equity Transactions
- Represented TPG Capital in its $737M acquirement of Exactech
- Represented StatLab Medical Products in its acquisition of American Master*Tech Scientific, LLC
- Represented BEF Fund LP in its minority investment in Arencibia Associates
- Represented Cressey & Company LP in its investment and restructuring of Dental Services Group
- Represented Cressey & Company LP in its agreement to acquire a majority ownership position in StatLab Medical Products from Prairie Capital LP
- Represented Summit Partners in its term loan agreement with Essential Fitness Solutions
- Filed a written motion and represented a pro bono client at a hearing, persuading the court that recent ruling in People v. Aguilar deemed the client’s historical conviction unconstitutional
- Filed a written petition and represented a pro bono client at a hearing, persuading the court that the circumstances of the client’s convictions and his rehabilitation warranted the issuance of Certificates of Good Conduct