Ryan Gorman joined Ropes & Gray's corporate department in 2021 and works in the health care group. He assists on regulatory, compliance, and transactional matters for a broad range of health care clients, including hospitals and health systems, physician practices and other provider organizations, medical device manufacturers, health care technology companies, and investors.
During law school, Ryan served as executive editor of the Southern California Interdisciplinary Law Journal and co-president of the Health Law Society, He also externed for Judge Josephine L. Staton in the Central District of California and served as a research assistant for Professor David B. Cruz, assisting him in drafting the legal casebook, Gender Identity and the Law (2020).
- Co-author, “Trends in New York State Health Care Oversight and Enforcement Upon Retirement of Assembly Health Care Committee Chairman Richard Gottfried,” New York State Bar Association Health Law Journal (May 18, 2023)
- Co-author, “Next Compliance Steps for Health Companies Using Technology Tracking,” Law360 (December 21, 2022)
- Author, “Prescribing Medication Through the Practice of Telemedicine: A Comparative Analysis of Federal and State Policies, and Policy Considerations for the Future,” 30 Southern California Interdisciplinary Law Journal (2021)
- Co-Author, “Uncovering the Invisible Patient Work System Through a Case Study of Breast Cancer Self-Management,” Ergonomics (2018)
- JD, University of Southern California Gould School of Law, 2021
- BA (Government), with distinction, University of Virginia, 2017
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2022