Sabrina C. Glaser
Sabrina Glaser is counsel in the tax & benefits department in New York and focuses on ERISA and employee benefits. She is proficient in the rules under ERISA and the Internal Revenue Code regarding the investment of plan assets and advises clients on a range of related issues, including fiduciary conduct, prohibited transactions and exemptions, and special rules relating to alternative investments and financial products. Sabrina regularly advises fund sponsors on the structure, formation and maintenance of investment funds and other pooled investment vehicles, including private equity funds, real estate funds, and hedge funds.
Sabrina also advises both tax-exempt and for-profit clients with respect to their qualified and nonqualified benefit plans, executive compensation, and other employee benefit matters.
- Quoted, “How to Save 10's of Thousands of Dollars in 401(k) Fees,” The Street (February 23, 2018)
- Co-author, “Supreme Court Confirms ERISA Fiduciaries' Duty to Monitor, Leaving Contours to Lower Courts,” Ropes & Gray Alert (May 19, 2015)
- Co-author, “DOL Proposes Sweeping Expansion of Fiduciary Duty Rules,” Ropes & Gray Alert (April 22, 2015)
- Co-author, “IRS Releases Q&A on Elections and Reimbursements in Cafeteria Plans Post-DOMA,” Ropes & Gray Alert (December 23, 2013)
- Co-author, “Supreme Court Unanimously Upholds ERISA Plan Limitation Periods,” Ropes & Gray Alert (December 19, 2013)
- Co-author, “New Disclosure Requirements for Massachusetts Pension Investments,” Ropes & Gray Alert (April 26, 2013)
- Co-author, “DOL Finalizes Content Requirements for Cross-Trading Policies and Procedures,” Ropes & Gray Alert (November 10, 2008)
- Panelist, “Employee Benefit Plan Reboot: What You Need to Be Doing Post-Windsor,” webinar (Oct. 24, 2013)
- JD, Yale Law School, 2006; Managing Editor, Yale Journal on Regulation ; Submissions Coordinator, Yale Journal of Law & Feminism
- BA (Psychology/Communication), magna cum laude, University of Delaware, 2003; Phi Beta Kappa
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2007