Shabdita Gupta joined as an associate in the finance practice of Ropes & Gray’s London office in 2018. Prior to joining the firm, Shabdita worked in a leading U.S. law firm in New York where she advised private equity sponsors and private equity backed portfolio companies in mergers & acquisitions and related corporate finance work. Shabdita has also worked as an attorney in Mumbai, India for over four years, where she has advised on a wide range of corporate transactions, including cross border mergers and acquisitions, foreign investments and entry strategies in India.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray:
- Ridgemont Equity Partners in its acquisition of a leading distributor and installer of automobile windshields in Canada.
- Plaskolite, a portfolio company of Charlesbank Capital Partners, in its acquisition of the continuous cast acrylic sheet business from Lucite International.
- Hillhouse Capital Management, Ltd. in selling its stake in DiDi Chuxing, a major Chinese ride-sharing, AI and autonomous technology conglomerate, to Softbank.
- Heineken N.V., a leading breweries company in its joint venture in India.
- Hassad Food Company Q.S.C., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Qatar Investment Authority, in its acquisition of a majority equity stake in Bush Foods.
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 52100).
- LLM, Columbia University School of Law, 2017; Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- BA, LLB (Hons), The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata, 2012