Warren R. Goodworth
Warren Goodworth is a partner in Ropes & Gray’s asset management group and his practice is primarily focused on private investment funds. With over 20 years of experience, Warren is a trusted advisor to many leading private investment firms.
Warren leads fund matters for sponsors across a wide variety of strategies, including private equity, growth equity and leveraged buyout funds, special situations funds along with other debt and credit funds, secondary funds, fund-of-funds, feeder funds, co-investment funds, venture capital funds, funds focused on industry sectors such as healthcare, technology, consumer/retail, the financial sector and others, geographically oriented funds, and other private investment fund strategies.
These matters range from fund formations to team spin-outs, fund restructurings, co-investments, secondary transactions, continuation funds, minority stake investments in fund management companies, succession planning, key person events, conflicts resolution, and internal manager operations. Warren has led fund formations ranging in size from under $100 million to over multiple billions.
In addition to the many fund sponsors he represents, Warren’s clients also have included corporate affiliates/parents of private fund sponsors, U.S. and non-U.S. family offices, institutional limited partners, sovereign wealth funds, senior investment professionals, portfolio company executives, and others in the private funds space.
Representative Fund Formation Clients
- Arsenal Capital Partners*
- DW Healthcare Partners*
- Northwestern Mutual*
- Prairie Capital*
- Water Street Healthcare Partners*
*Representations prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- Profiled, “Funds Partner Goodworth Shifts to Ropes & Gray,” The Deal (May 3, 2023)
- Noted, “Wake Up Call,” Bloomberg Law (May 2, 2023)
- Noted, “Ropes & Gray Adds Kirkland Corporate Atty in Chicago Office,” Law360 (May 2, 2023)
- JD, cum laude, Syracuse University College of Law, 2001; World Bank Fellow 2000–2001
- BA (Political Science), Utah State University, 1998; Spanish Minor
Admissions / Qualifications
- Illinois, 2006
- Massachusetts, 2002
- Utah, 2022