Yana V. Grishkan
Yana Grishkan joined Ropes & Gray in 2015 as an associate in the litigation department and is a member of the firm’s government enforcement practice group. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Yana was a litigation associate in the New York office of a leading international law firm.
Yana represents clients in connection with government investigations and prosecutions, and has experience with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback Statute, state consumer protection statutes, and federal and state laws on fraud and conspiracy. She also conducts internal investigations and advises on compliance in advance of government enforcement. In addition, Yana has civil litigation experience and an active pro bono practice.
- Conducted internal investigations for global pharmaceutical companies in response to alleged FCPA violations in Russia, Kazakhstan, India, and China.
- Conducted anticipatory, market-wide, anti-corruption compliance review of a Russian subsidiary of a leading global pharmaceutical company.
- Represented medical device companies in response to False Claims Act, including off-label, investigations.
- Represented multiple individuals in response to the United States Attorney’s Office and state Attorney General inquiries concerning potential violations of False Claims Act.
- Represented an individual in response to the United States Attorney’s Office investigation concerning potential money laundering.
- Advises pharmaceutical companies regarding regulatory matters, including drug pricing.
- Commonwealth v. George Perrot – Part of team representing wrongfully convicted criminal defendant in winning motion for new trial based on recently developed evidence that forensic testimony presented at 1992 trial exceeded the limits of science.
- Co-author, “Second Circuit Rules Fifth Amendment Applicable to Statements Provided to Foreign Governments,” Bloomberg BNA’s Securities Law Daily (July 24, 2017)
- Co-author, “Measure Twice: Compliance in the time of falling commodity prices,” Penn Energy (May 25, 2016)
- Marc P. Berger, Justin Florence and Yana Grishkan, “Questions on Use of Compelled Testimony in LIBOR Convictionst,” The New York Law Journal (February 25, 2016)
- Marc P. Berger, Justin Florence and Yana Grishkan, “Cross-Border Investigations and the Fifth Amendment,” The New York Law Journal (November 13, 2015)