Bethany A. Hickey
Bethany joined the private capital transactions practice group of Ropes & Gray in 2021. Prior to joining the firm, Bethany was an associate in the New York office of a national law firm.
Bethany’s experience focuses on representing private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in all stages and manners of M&A transactions, including in connection with auctions, leveraged buyouts, reorganizations, recapitalizations, growth equity financings and joint ventures, as well as in connection with general corporate governance matters. Bethany also represents family offices in connection with their investments and M&A transactions.
During law school, Bethany served as an editor of the Boston University Law Review.
- Represented HealthpointCapital, a private equity firm focused on the musculoskeletal space, in connection with:
- Sale to Modern Dental Group Limited, a global dental prosthetic device provider, to MicroDental Laboratories, a leading network of dental labs across North America.*
- $275 mm sale of Blue Belt Holdings, a developer of robotic-assisted surgical systems, to Smith & Nephew, a multinational medical equipment manufacturing company.*
- Add-on acquisition by portfolio company CrossRoads Extremity Systems of Surgical Frontiers technology, a developer of medical technology in the orthopedic extremities sector.*
- Represented MPE Partners, a private equity firm focused on manufacturing and industrial services, in connection with:
- Recapitalization of Voeller Mixers, a manufacturer of building industrial concrete mixers.*
- Sale of United Pipe & Steel, a distributor of carbon steel standard pipe, copper tube, PVC pipe, electrical conduit and related products, to Merfish Pipe Holdings, a portfolio company of One Equity Partners.*
- Sale of majority stake in Trachte, a manufacturer of preassembled and modularized control buildings, to Palladium Equity Partners.*
- Represented DW Healthcare Partners, a private equity firm focused on health care opportunities, in its acquisition of the Aequor Group of companies, a health care, IT and clinical staffing company.*
- Represented Corinthian Capital, a private equity firm focused on the manufacturing, distribution and service spaces, in its sale of Friedrich Air Conditioning to Monomoy Capital Partners.*
- Represented Globalization Partners, an international staffing company, in a $150 mm minority investment led by funds managed by Wincove Private Holdings and TDR Capital, with participation from Sands Capital.*
- Represented Right Networks, a provider of cloud solutions to small and medium-sized businesses, in its recapitalization by BV Investment Partners, a private equity firm focused on technology-enabled business services, information technology and communication services.*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- JD, magna cum laude, Boston University School of Law, 2013; Editor, Boston University Law Review
- MA (International Affairs), Boston College Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, 2013
- BA, Rutgers College, 2009
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2014
- New Jersey, 2013