Shona Ha is a partner in the private equity transactions group of Ropes & Gray’s London office. Shona regularly advises a number of leading global private equity sponsors, asset managers and major international corporations on their most significant M&A transactions and provides general corporate law advice, including with respect to equity investments, disposals, management incentivisation and corporate restructurings.
Shona is listed in The Legal 500 for Private Equity: Transactions High – Value Deals where she has been commended for being an “excellent lawyer and highly responsive and practical” with clients commenting that she has “fantastic manner and judgment” and that they appreciate her “style and approach”.
Shona is the co-author of the UK chapter of The Legal 500 2023 Comparative Guide to Private Equity.
- Advising TPG Growth on its investment in Musixmatch, a leading global music data platform
- Advising Xerox Holdings Corporation on its acquisition of Go Inspire, a UK-based print and digital marketing and communication services provider, serving customers throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa
- Advising ERM, the world’s largest pure-play sustainability consultancy, and the ERM Partner shareholders, on the sale of ERM to KKR, a leading global investment firm
- Acting for GHO Capital Partners on its acquisition (alongside the existing Envision management team and employees) of a majority stake in Envision Pharma Group, a leading technology-enabled scientific communications company
- Advising Envision Pharma Group, a portfolio company of GHO Capital Partners, on its acquisition of Two Labs, an industry-leading provider of integrated and customized commercial solutions to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sector
- Acting for Bain Capital in connection with its:
- acquisition of NGA UK, a UK payroll and HR Business from NGA Human Resources
- purchase of a controlling stake in MKM, the UK’s largest independent builders’ merchant, from 3i and Lloyds Development Capital
- acquisition of the Ibstock, Forticrete, Supreme and Glen Gery clay and concrete businesses of CRH plc
- Acting for TSG Consumer Partners in connection with its:
- investment in BrewDog, a Scottish craft beer company
- investment in Revolut, a consumer fintech firm
- Acting for Novavax, Inc. in its acquisition of a Czech manufacturing facility for a COVID-19 vaccine candidate
- Advising Nordic Capital on:
- equity investment matters relating to eResearchTechnology, Inc. (ERT), a leading global data and technology company which minimises risk and uncertainty in clinical trials
- its acquisition of Lindorff, a financial services company based in the Nordic region
- Acting for CCMP on its sale of PureGym, a chain of fitness clubs in the United Kingdom
- Acting for Exponent Private Equity on its sale of Pattonair, a global aerospace and defense supply chain provider to Platinum Equity
- Acting for 3i Group plc on the acquisition of Audley Travel, a provider of tailor-made experiential holidays
- Acting for Charlesbank on the acquisition of Six Degrees, a managed data services specialist
- Acting for Ensono, a portfolio company of Charlesbank Capital Partners, on the acquisition of Attenda
- Acting for European Capital on its leveraged buyout of Cordium from Sovereign Capital and management
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LLB, Warwick University, 2008
- LLM, London School of Economics and Political Science, 2009
- LPC, College of Law, Moorgate, 2010
Admissions / Qualifications
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2012