Jackie Heffernan is an associate in the employment practice, based in New York. Jackie has diverse experience counseling public and private companies on issues related to federal, state and local labor and employment laws, including in the context of U.S. and multi-jurisdictional corporate transactions; enforceability of restrictive covenants; wage and hour issues; implementation and drafting of employment-related agreements and policies and procedures; onboarding; executive separations and reductions-in-force; union issues; and employment matters relating to COVID-19.
Jackie also has experience conducting sensitive employment-related internal investigations and advising clients in employment dispute matters, including matters relating to sexual harassment and executive wrongdoing.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Jackie was an associate at another leading international law firm and, before law school, Jackie was an organizational change management consultant for IBM Global Business Services.
- Advised New Mountain Capital, LLC in its sale of Careismatic Brands, Inc. to Partners Group.*
- Represented Celanese Corporation on its acquisition of the Santoprene™ TPV elastomers business of Exxon Mobil Corporation for $1.15 billion.*
- Alta Resources Development, LLC on its purchase agreement with EQT Corp acquitting all of the membership interests in Alta’s upstream and midstream subsidiaries for approximately $2.925 billion.*
- Advised Brentwood Associates in its acquisition of majority control of Watermill Express, LLC.*
- Represented Brazos Midstream on two significant acquisitions, the first from Rattler Midstream in the Delaware Basin and the second from Diamondback Energy in the Northern Midland Basin.*
- Represented BrightPet Nutrition Group, a portfolio company of A&M Capital Partners, on its acquisition of Dayton, Ohio-based MiracleCorp and its portfolio of assets.*
- Advised New Providence Acquisition Corp., a publicly traded special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), in its business combination with AST & Science LLC.*
- Advised National Fuel Gas Company and affiliates Seneca Resources Company, LLC, NFG Midstream Covington, LLC and National Fuel Gas Midstream Company, LLC on the acquisition of all of Shell’s right, title and interest in certain upstream and midstream assets located for $541 million.*
- Represented Creative Planning, an independent wealth management firm with approximately $50 billion in assets under management, in connection with a strategic minority investment in its business by General Atlantic.*
- Advised Nexstar Media Group, Inc. in its $160 million acquisition of BestReviews.*
- Represented Trinseo in the €1.137 billion contemplated acquisition of Arkema’s PMMA business.*
- Advised Kodiak Gas Services, a portfolio company of EQT Infrastructure, in its acquisition of Pegasus Optimization Managers from affiliates of Apollo Natural Resource Partners.*
- Represented Hilcorp Alaska in its $5.6 billion acquisition of BP’s upstream and midstream business in Alaska.*
- Advised Brentwood Associates in its acquisition of MD Now Medical Centers.*
*Prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- JD, New York University School of Law, 2016
- BS (Industrial and Labor Relations), Cornell University, 2011
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2017