Julienne M. Hearn
Julienne (Eby) Hearn joined Ropes & Gray in 2013 as an associate in the corporate department. She advises a wide range of public and private companies in connection with a variety of commercial and intellectual property matters, including intellectual property and technology licensing and transfer, product development collaborations, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, supply arrangements, distribution and co-promotion arrangements, and other strategic commercial agreements.
During law school, Julienne served as co-president of the Harvard Asia Law Society, a student organization focusing on the intersection of law, government, and business in East Asia. Julienne also mentored first year students in legal research and writing as a member of the Board of Student Advisers.
- Represented LA BioMED and UCLA in its sale of a portion of its royalty interest in Kybella.
- Represented a large biotech company in a broad-based research collaboration and commercialization agreement with a university in the gene therapy and gene editing fields.
- Represented Janssen R&D Ireland in connection with the renegotiation and amendment of two complex collaboration agreements with Gilead Sciences, Inc. related to the development and commercialization of certain single-tablet regimens for the treatment of HIV.
- Represented Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., through Johnson & Johnson Innovation, in connection with a collaboration and license agreement with Ichor Medical Systems, Inc., for the development of drug-device combination products incorporating Ichor’s electroporation technology for the treatment of chronic hepatitis B.
- Represented Genzyme Corporation in connection with a collaboration agreement and $700 million equity investment in Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. pursuant to which Genzyme obtained license rights to two existing rare disease siRNA drug candidates and options to obtain regional or global rights in certain other siRNA drug candidates developed by Alnylam for rare diseases.
- Represented Swipely, Inc., a venture-backed company, in its $20 million Series C financing and continues to represent the company in ongoing corporate and commercial matters.
- Represented an advertising agency on corporate and commercial matters, including legal review and clearance of advertising material.
- Represented various clients in the review and negotiation of confidentiality agreements as a member of firm’s confidentiality agreement review team.
- Co-author, “Right of Publicity Laws: Massachusetts,” Practical Law Company (June 2014)
- Editing Committee, Introduction to Advocacy: Research, Writing and Argument, 8th Ed., Foundation Press (June 2013)