Samuel W. Hurt
Sam Hurt is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s mergers and acquisitions group. Sam’s practice focuses on representing public and private companies in domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, including stock and asset purchases and sales, as well as general corporate matters. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Sam was an associate in the corporate group of another leading law firm in New York.
- Representation of McAfee Corp. in its pending $14 billion acquisition by an investor group comprised of Advent International, Permira Advisers, Crosspoint Capital, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, GIC and ADIA.
- Representation of a multinational pharmaceutical company in its acquisition of a clinical stage oncology company.
- Representation of HP Inc. in its acquisition of Teradici Corporation, a global innovator in remote computing software.
- Representation of Dragoneer Growth Opportunities Corp. II in its $4.5 billion business combination with Cvent, developer of a cloud-based enterprise event management platform.
- Representation of a leading financial services firm in two separate SPAC acquisitions, each valued at approximately $2 billion.*
- Representation of a leading private equity fund in its $1.9 billion take-private acquisition of a global aerospace company.*
- Representation of a global retailer in its $680 million cross-border bolt-on acquisition, as well as a subsequent $500 million strategic acquisition of a U.S. retailer from several private equity sponsors.*
- Representation of a leading U.S. media company in its $340 million acquisition of an educational technology company.*
- Representation of one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers in its $200 million cross-border acquisition of an autonomous driving and robotics company.*
- Representation of a multinational internet technology company in its cross-border acquisition of a U.S. technology consultancy from a Canadian private equity sponsor.*
- Representation of a U.S.-based technology company in connection with a cross-border joint venture to co-develop and sell certain proprietary technology.*
- Representation of an activist hedge fund investor in its nomination of a new director slate to the board of a publicly-traded e-commerce company.*
- Representation of a manufacturing conglomerate in a $575 million debt financing.*
- Representation of a multinational professional services firm in its $150 million private placement issuance.*
- JD, University of Michigan Law School, 2017; Contributing Editor, The University of Michigan Journal of Law Reform; Treasurer, Bankruptcy Law Society
- BA (History), magna cum laude, Middlebury College, 2012
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2018