Aaron A. Harsh
Aaron Harsh is a partner in Ropes & Gray's tax practice. His focus is on transactional matters, and he advises private equity and other clients on the federal income tax aspects of acquisitions, dispositions, mergers, debt and equity issuances and restructurings.
- Represented Cressey & Co., SV Life Sciences and Homecare Homebase in the sale of Homecare Homebase, a provider of software services to homecare and hospice providers, to Hearst Corporation.
- Advised Bain Capital in connection with the leveraged buyout of Gymboree.
- Advised TPG Capital and the CPP Investment Board in their leveraged buyout of IMS Health.
- Advised Gridiron Capital in connection with the acquisitions of Quality Solutions, AEI, H.M. Dunn Company, Nex-Tech Processing and Lakeshore TolTest.
- Advised Keurig Green Mountain in connection with a number of acquisition and disposition transactions, including the acquisitions of Van Houtte and Timothy’s Coffees of the World and the sale of Filterfresh.
- Advised Genzyme Corporation in connection with its divestiture of three non-core business units.
- Advised the sellers in connection with the disposition of a major owner and operator of dialysis clinics.
- JD, summa cum laude, Boston College Law School, 2002
- MPA, University of Massachusetts Amherst, 1999
- BA (Political Science), University of Massachusetts Amherst, 1997
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2002
- The Best Lawyers in America (2023)
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star (2011-2012)