Alyssa Clough Horton
Alyssa Horton is a counsel in the asset management group. Alyssa has a wide range of experience representing investments advisers to private funds, including private equity funds, real estate funds, credit fund, venture capital funds, hedge funds and separate accounts. Her clients have included both U.S. and non-U.S. institutional investors and private funds.
- Assisted numerous leading private fund advisers in registering as investment advisers with the SEC and developing Advisers Act compliance programs.
- Regularly advises U.S. and non-U.S. private investment fund advisers and investors on various regulatory and compliance matters as new funds or products are launched, or as compliance questions arise.
- Counsels investment advisers with respect to changes in the regulatory landscape applicable to the asset management industry.
- Assists fund sponsors with various other SEC, U.S Treasury and Bureau of Economic Analysis filings and reporting requirements.
- Assists clients during SEC examinations.
- Co-author, "Direct Investment Reporting — What PE Funds Must Know," Law360 (April 30, 2012)
- Co-author, "Proposed Volcker Rule and the Effect on Private Fund Sponsors and Investors," Hedge Fund Law Report (October 2011)
- Co-author, "How Large Trader Rules Apply To Private Equity Advisers," Law360 (October 2011)
- JD, summa cum laude, Suffolk University Law School, 2008; Moot Court Honor Board; Suffolk Journal of Trial and Appellate Advocacy ; Academic Leadership Scholarship (2006-2008)
- BS (Business Marketing), summa cum laude, University of Connecticut, 2005
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2008