Belinda Hill is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s real estate investments and transactions group in London.
Belinda advises on transactions with a real estate asset focus including single asset and portfolio acquisitions and disposals, property financings and developments.
She has advised a variety of clients including real estate investment trusts, domestic and overseas investors, landlords, tenants and developers involving a range of properties including retail parks, office premises and warehouse and distribution centres.
Recent experience includes advising:
- International investment company Saïd Holdings on its real estate investments and financings, including the sale of an office building in Canary Wharf for £270 million
- Proprium Capital on the exit from the consortium interests held by Morgan Stanley Special Situations Fund in the £1.2bn Walkie Talkie building at 20 Fenchurch Street, London
- Private alternative investment firm on its acquisition and financing of a data centre in the Netherlands
- TH Real Estate, a leading real estate investment firm, in providing finance for a portfolio of commercial properties in London
- TSG Consumer Partners on its acquisition of a minority stake in BrewDog, a Scottish craft beer
- Dutch pension fund APG on its acquisition of a 75 per cent. interest in a joint venture with TH Real Estate, with a combined equity commitment of c.£800 million, to develop the £1 billion 1.7 million sq.ft. St James Centre in Edinburgh, one of the UK’s largest private regeneration projects. Edinburgh St James will comprise 850,000 sq. ft. of retail space, anchored by John Lewis, a 30-screen cinema, a world class W Hotel comprising 214 rooms, up to 250 private apartments, 20 restaurants and 1,600 car parking spaces
- A South African investor on the acquisition and related financing of a grade A office building in central London
- Siguler Guff on its opportunistic European real estate co-investments
- A global hedge fund on its UK real estate investments, including domestic and cross-border joint ventures
Notable transactions in which Belinda has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Real estate fund in connection with the £635 million sale of its real estate assets across England
- Advised on the acquisition of student accommodation buildings in London with a value of circa £600 million
- Global investment bank on the acquisition of a portfolio of hotels across England and Wales
- Independent financial services firm subsidiary on its acquisition and financing of 33 Grosvenor Place in London