Belinda Hill is temporarily on a full-time Client Secondment.
Belinda is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s private equity real estate team. Belinda advises investors on UK and European private equity real estate deals across the risk spectrum for real estate funds, sovereign wealth funds, pension funds, family offices and operating partners. Belinda advises on joint ventures, direct and indirect acquisitions and financings, disposals, real estate M&A, minority and majority equity investments and co-investments, restructurings, sale and leasebacks, development projects and development financings.
Belinda has experience across all types of real estate assets and businesses including offices, hotels, retail and leisure, data centres, residential (PRS/BTR and build to sell), student accommodation, logistics and industrial assets.
Recent Experience Includes Advising:
- A Family Office on the €500 million acquisition, development and financing of one of the World’s largest data centres and its associated letting to a major international tech company
- A US Opportunity Fund with over $27 billion of assets under management on its UK and European real estate acquisitions and investments including domestic and cross-border joint ventures
- Bain Capital Real Estate in evaluating, negotiating and structuring real estate investments directly as well as through joint ventures, funds, co-investments and management arrangements with international and domestic sponsors, operators and managers
- Saïd Holdings on its real estate investments and financings, including on the acquisition and subsequent sale of 5 Churchill Place, Canary Wharf, London, to a Chinese investor for £270 million and the acquisition of Aldermary House in the City of London for £48 million
- A South African Investor on a series of central London office acquisitions and financings totalling c.£250 million including the acquisition and financing of One Bartholomew Lane in the City of London
- Siguler Guff on its opportunistic UK and European real estate investments with various operating partners to acquire industrial, logistics, office and retail assets
- A variety of Private Equity Funds including Bain Capital and TPG in connection with the real estate aspects of PE acquisitions and dispositions, including structuring and negotiation of occupancy leases, acquisition and disposition agreements and sale and leasebacks
- Epiris on the acquisition of The Club Company, the UK’s leading country club operator, from a company affiliated with Lone Star Funds
- Proprium Capital on the £1.3 billion sale of a consortium interest in 20 Fenchurch Street, London (the ‘Walkie Talkie’ building) to a Hong Kong based conglomerate
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 52100).
- LPC, Distinction, BPP Law School, Leeds, 2012
- GDL, Commendation, BPP Law School, Leeds, 2011
- BA (Hons) (History), Durham University, 2010