Caroline is a member of the health care group. Caroline advises hospitals, academic medical centers, health care investors, pharmaceutical and medical device manufactures, and other health care industry clients on a range of regulatory, transactional, compliance, and privacy matters. Caroline has worked on an array of transactions, including non-profit acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity investments, and academic affiliations. Caroline also assists clients with internal as well as external investigations into alleged noncompliance with policies, procedures, and health care regulatory laws. Recently, Caroline has also assisted clients with formulating policies and procedures regarding post COVID-19 pandemic returns to office. Dedicated to public service, Caroline maintains an active pro bon
o practice. Before law school, Caroline worked in the legal department of a large technology company in North Carolina.
- Developed health care regulatory training and compliance materials.
- Advised private equity clients and other strategic investors on health care regulatory and privacy implications of transactions.
- Advised hospitals and academic medical centers regarding affiliations and mergers with other health care and academic organizations.
- Assisted health care provider clients in preparing and submitting self-disclosures of overpayments to the Office of Inspector General for the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services and state Medicaid programs.
- Advised pharmaceutical companies and universities in conducting internal investigations of employee conduct and preparing disclosures to government agencies.
- Advised clients on change of ownership and license transfer requirements applicable to a range of licensed health care entities, including medical device distributors, senior living facilities, and insurance entities.
- Prepared template service agreements for a pharmaceutical company client.
- Advised health care providers on privacy and data protection obligations.
- JD, cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center, 2018
- BA (Public Policy Studies), Duke University, 2014