Catherine is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s asset management group. Catherine’s practice focuses on advising sponsors on private investment fund formation and ongoing regulatory compliance matters. Catherine also has experience representing institutional investors on their investments in private investment funds, co-investment structures and acquisition of secondary interests.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Catherine was an associate with the investment management group of another leading international law firm. Before that, Catherine was trained and qualified as an associate at a Magic Circle firm, and had experience working at the Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong.
- FountainVest Partners*
- Korea Investment Corporation
- Mars, Incorporated*
- Various Asian and global sovereign wealth funds
- Various listed and private corporations, state-owned enterprises, fund-of-funds
*Includes experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- Co-author, “Time for Japan to Take a Tougher Stance on Foreign Bribery,” Corporate Compliance Insights (October 2019)
- PCLL, University of Hong Kong, 2017
- LLB, University of Hong Kong, 2016
- BBA (Law), University of Hong Kong, 2014
Admissions / Qualifications
- Hong Kong, 2020