Chris Hesford is an associate in the Finance Group in London, currently on secondment to Ropes & Gray’s New York office.
Chris trained at Ropes & Gray’s London and New York offices and qualified in September 2017, having gained experience in the leveraged finance, high yield and corporate special situations departments.
Assisting across a wide range of domestic and cross-border finance transactions in North America and Europe, including leveraged and acquisition financing, refinancing and direct lending, Chris has experience acting for private equity sponsors, portfolio companies, publicly listed companies, financial institutions and alternative capital providers.
- Advised Surgery Partners Inc. in obtaining $1.29 billion in term loan financing and $75 million in revolving credit commitments, and its issuance of $370 million of senior notes, in connection with its $760 million acquisition of National Surgical Healthcare.
- Acted for American Industrial Partners in obtaining $320 million in syndicated term loan financing and C$180 million in ABL revolving facilities for its acquisition of Canam Construction, Inc.
- Advised KKR Credit Advisors in providing $405 million in first lien, second lien and asset-based credit facilities for the acquisition by Sycamore Partners of KNB Holdings Corporation.
- Assisted Ciox Health, a portfolio company of New Mountain Capital, in obtaining $100 million in second lien financing for its acquisition of ArroHealth.
- Acted for a consortium of Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe investors in its leveraged buyout of The Health Management Academy.
- Established asset-based working capital facilities for a number of TPG Growth portfolio companies.
- Represented an investment fund in converting and restructuring a global synthetic rubber manufacturer’s $75,000,000 of mezzanine PIK notes into a secured second lien term loan.
- Acted for Virgin Media plc and its subsidiaries in connection with a series of high yield bond issuances and bank financings.
- Acted for Goldman Sachs European Special Situations Group in connection with its investment in TFI TAB Yatirimlari A.S. in Turkey, one of the world’s largest Burger King master franchisees.
- Acted on the $1.27 billion acquisition by TPG Sixth Street Partners of Credit Suisse’s distressed debt portfolio, assisting with the review of approximately 120 debt positions.
- Advised KKR Credit Advisors on a number of unitranche and PIK investments in portfolio companies held by HG Capital and Bain Capital.