David M. Holcomb
David Holcomb is an associate in the Litigation & Enforcement Group. David focuses his practice on government and internal investigations, securities enforcement and regulation, and related civil litigation. He has represented investment advisers, health care companies, universities, non-profits, and individuals in a range of civil and criminal matters involving the federal securities laws and false claims and anti-kickback laws, as well as allegations of fraud and misconduct. David maintains an active pro bono practice, representing individuals in a variety of federal and state proceedings.
David previously clerked for the Honorable Leo T. Sorokin in the District of Massachusetts. During law school, he interned at the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Boston and served as a senior editor of the Yale Journal on Regulation.
- Represents investment firms of varying sizes and strategies in SEC examinations, insider trading inquiries, and enforcement matters.
- Represents large medical device company in DOJ investigation concerning potential Anti-Kickback Statute violations.
- Represents leading research institute investigating and responding to allegations of historical misconduct.
- Conducted external investigation into potential misconduct by a trustee for large private research university.
- Represented investment adviser in settlement of securities fraud claims by the SEC.
- JD, Yale Law School, 2015; Senior Editor, Yale Journal on Regulation
- BA (Economics, Political Science), summa cum laude, Case Western Reserve University, 2012; Phi Beta Kappa