Henry Y. Huang
Henry Huang is an intellectual property litigator who focuses on patents and trade secrets. Henry has experience with all aspects of federal litigation, including initial assessment of claims and defenses, motions practice, electronic discovery, claim construction and Markman hearings in patent cases, taking and defending depositions, and oral argument at hearings before district courts and the PTAB. He has litigated post-grant proceedings at the PTAB, multiple appeals to the Federal Circuit, and trade dress and trade secret claims.
Henry clerked for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit from 2009 to 2010, and for the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California in 2014. Prior to law school, Henry worked at Los Alamos National Laboratory in New Mexico, performing experiments in organic and environmental chemistry.
- U.S. Medical Device Company v. Cytek (N.D. Cal.): Represent plaintiff in trade secret and breach of contract case involving flow cytometers.
- Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. v. CalPERS (Cal.): Represented pharmaceutical company in public records disclosure action related to drug pricing information.
- CPI Card Group, Inc. v. Multi Packaging Solutions, Inc. (D. Colo.): Represent defendant in patent litigation involving secure card packages.
- Koios Pharmaceuticals v. Medac (PTAB): Represented patent owner in IPR proceeding relating to injectable methotrexate.
- Rovi v. Comcast et al. (PTAB): Represent Rovi in multiple IPR proceedings involving interactive program guides and related hardware and software.
- Godo Kaisha IP Bridge 1 v. Broadcom Ltd et al. (E.D. Tex.): Represented IP Bridge in a multi-patent suit involving semiconductor fabrication and microprocessors.
- CollabRx, Inc. v. The Jackson Laboratory (N.D. Cal.): Represented defendant in trade secret litigation involving cancer databases.
- Leggett & Platt, Inc. v. Dreamwell, Ltd. (PTAB): Successfully defended patent owner against two IPR petitions by obtaining non-institution decisions on patents directed to micro-alloyed mattress springs.
- Unified Messaging Solutions v. BB&T Corp. (N.D. Ill.): Represented BB&T in patent infringement litigation involving online messaging, including MDL proceedings.
- Maxim Integrated Products v. BB&T Corp. (E.D.N.C., E.D. Tex., W.D. Pa.): Represented BB&T in patent infringement litigation involving mobile banking applications, including MDL proceedings.
- Infinity Computer Products v. Ricoh Americas Corp. (E.D. Pa.): Represented Ricoh in patent infringement litigation involving multifunction printers, including co-pending ex parte reexaminations.
- Smart Memory Solutions LLC v. Fujitsu Semiconductor Limited et al. (D. Del.) 1:11-cv-00680-LPS: Represented Fujitsu Semiconductor America and Fujitsu Semiconductor Limited in patent infringement litigation involving flash memory technology.
- Advanced Data Access LLC v. Fujitsu Semiconductor Limited et al. (E.D. Tex.) 6:11-cv-00614-LED-JDL: Represented Fujitsu Semiconductor America and Fujitsu Semiconductor Limited in patent infringement litigation involving RAM technology.
- Leveraged Innovations, LLC v. NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc., et al. (S.D.N.Y.) 1:11-cv-03203-KBF: Represented ProShare Advisors, LLC in patent infringement litigation involving leveraged exchange-traded products.
- Sealy Tech. LLC v. Simmons Bedding Co. (M.D.N.C.) 1:10-cv-00702-JAB-JEP: Represented Simmons Bedding Company in patent and trade dress litigation involving mattress designs, including co-pending inter partes reexaminations.
- Purdue Pharma Prods. L.P. v. Par Pharm., Inc. (D. Del.) No. 107-255-JJF: Represented Purdue Pharma Products in Hatch-Waxman patent litigation involving controlled-release tramadol.
- Co-author, “USITC: A Powerful Forum for Biologics Patent Owners,” Life Sciences Intellectual Property Review (October 10, 2018)
- Co-author, “Supreme Court Holds That Patent Exhaustion Applies to All Sales, Domestic and International, Regardless of Post-Sale Restrictions,” IP Litigator (July-August 2017)
- Quoted, “Think You Own Your Printer Cartridge? Think Again,” National Public Radio’s Marketplace (March 27, 2017)
- Co-author, “Patent Litigation Issues to Watch in 2017,” Bloomberg BNA’s Patent, Trademark & Copyright Journal (December 28, 2016)
- Co-author, “2013 Year-in-Review: Important U.S. Patent Law Developments,” Bloomberg BNA’s Patent, Trademark & Copyright Journal (January 31, 2014)
- Co-author, “2012 Year-in-Review: Important U.S. Patent Law Developments,” Bloomberg BNA’s Patent, Trademark & Copyright Journal (January 4, 2013)
- JD, Stanford Law School, 2007; with Distinction
- AB (History and Science, Emphasis in Chemistry), magna cum laude, Harvard University, 2001